JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I apologize if this is inappropriate to post here, but i feel like there are likely a good amount of sportsmen/sportswomen on here and I am a passionate hunter myself. I'm just hoping to get these issues in front of more people. Bills like this are constantly being introduced and a surprising amount of people have no idea about them. I have no affiliation with howl for wildlife but i like what they are about and what they are doing.

This isnt particularly a NW or a firearms issue but they will no doubt be introducing bills like this in every state that has predator hunting until something sticks, similar to gun control. Its along the same lines of the insane anti ranching/hunting petition they are gathering signatures for here in oregon, the forced introduction of wolves in colorado that unfortunately barely passed and no doubt the same people who helped cancel the washington spring bear hunt for 2022. I feel like these same types that want to ban/put unconstitutional restrictions on our guns are coming after the north american model of conservation and sound predator management through legal hunting all across the US, state by state.

If you feel so inclined, please read through these links from the non profit Howl For Wildlife, i have no affiliation with them but i feel like they've done a great job of putting the information in a simple, easy to understand package and they also make it easy to relay the correct message to those in the government that need to hear from us that oppose these bills being introduced.

I don't want this to turn into some kind of political debate, if you are against predator hunting or are indifferent/on the fence i urge you to at least look at these issues with an open mind. If these bills pass i can guarantee you they will not stop there and will be coming for all hunting including deer hunting eventually. Predator hunting, especially hound hunting is just the low hanging fruit for them and it will be the death of a thousand cuts. I believe we need to leave wildlife management up to the professionals and not the average uninformed voter being manipulated by the likes of the humane society and people like carole baskin. Ballot box biology is a dangerous precedent. Predators certainly deserve a place on the landscape but they also need to be controlled/managed in my opinion. Hunting is a great tool to do so, thanks for reading.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top