JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't mess with anything other than Bulgarian Circle 10 waffle mags ($25-30) or Russian, East European and ChiCom Mil Surplus (around $10-12 or less), everything else is garbage including but not limited to ProMag, KCI Korean crap, US Palm, Magpul, Tapco, the list go on.

I concur with your advice, 'cept your pricing is anything but current. Nobody is selling their Circ-10s for $30(or less), and decent Surplus ChiComs are also 75% more than your stated price <--------that's if you can even find them in-stock.

Definitely a "Shoulda Coulda Woulda stocked up when prices were better" kind of thing. Bakelites were $30-$35 a mag just a few short years ago. Now they easily fetch 2x that price.

I have military surplus Romanian AK mags and all function fine but the finish was warn out, I did buy 12 BHO Croatian AK magazines for my WASR-10 and none fit. I had to get my Dremel sanding disc and ground them above the locking tab. They took some time to do but they all function fine. I bought some black spray paint and touched up the bare metal. I also some some new Bulgarian AK magazines which are made of steel. The only drawback is the follower is made from plastic instead of steel. I use these for the range but I would feel these would be OK for HD. I also have a few G3 Magpul and they work fine as well.

Croatian AK Magazines:
IMG_2393.JPG
Bulgarian AK Magazines (new):
IMG_2395.JPG

Last Edited:
I concur with your advice, 'cept your pricing is anything but current. Nobody is selling their Circ-10s for $30(or less), and decent Surplus ChiComs are also 75% more than your stated price <--------that's if you can even find them in-stock.

Definitely a "Shoulda Coulda Woulda stocked up when prices were better" kind of thing. Bakelites were $30-$35 a mag just a few short years ago. Now they easily fetch 2x that price.

Nope, you're right, I wasn't trying to be current, just what I paid for mine. I haven't bought anything during these crazy time in terms of guns mags and ammo. Currently I'm more gear to optics, lights and NV.

Thank You for sharing sites that supply parts.
The couple previously posted I had not run across prior.
This afternoon I did order three 30rd Circle 10 waffle mags. I appreciate the suggestions for ten round magazines. I suppose a few of those and some stuff to fill them with may be in order.

Don't mess with anything other than Bulgarian Circle 10 waffle mags ($25-30) or Russian, East European and ChiCom Mil Surplus (around $10-12 or less), everything else is garbage including but not limited to ProMag, KCI Korean crap, US Palm, Magpul, Tapco, the list go on.
Those are mostly YESTERYEAR prices my friend! If you've got $25 Circle 10's I'll buy ALL YOU GOT!!!

The past couple months I have been researching and shopping variant to variant. Certainly alot to sift through.
I am just getting my first ak. Currently sitting in purgatory as bgc clears, anticipating a call today.... I settled with a pre owned Zastava, lunder 200 rds shot. It comes with two 30 rd mags. A Zastava steel bolt hold open and a P Mag. I would like a few more magazines (who has never thought that?) and short of spending $12 or $13 on a Bulgarian 30rd steel New Production or P Mag I would spend more to know I have a quality, functionally reliable mag.
Surplus, Circle ten and the like.
What have you spent on your magazines and what could I expect to pay?
Bulgy steel new is fine. Surplus is best, I spent $10-$15 on them a few months back for akm mags. Arms of America is usually a good place to go look online.

I have a pair of Tapco's, a Magpul, 4 Bulgarian steels, a Korean KCI and a Russian Bakelite.

The Tapcos retainer lips will wear down, especially when practicing mag changes. The Korean KCI was done on it's 2nd range trip, was practicing mag changes and bent shut after hitting the ground.

The Bulgarian steelies I got from Oregon Rifleworks are good to go, they take a beating. The Magpul is good to go as well.

The Bakelite is god, but expect to pay the price to get one lol

Folks knock Tapco but ive never had a problem with them. Some of The problems probably arise from the inconsistency of mag well specs on the stamped receiver AK..
The Yugoslavia military surplus bolt stop mags are great ,heavy duty springs with a stable follower with a thick gauge body and heavy duty lock in tab. The down side is the weight .

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top