JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Being Frugal but wanting a good solid left handed bolt action .22 rifle I've settled on the Savage Mark 2. These are full sized so fit like a hunting rifle with a 22" barrel. Wood stock and with the accu-trigger, I know it's not an Anshutz but it should shoot just fine. While I'm waiting for the background check to clear I had a Bushnell Banner 2 4X12 40mm AO scope mounted and bore sighted. I know I can throw a ton of money at a 10-22 or pay more for something else but this should shoot minute of shotgun shell out to 100 yds.

Mk 2s are good to go. Very accurate out of the box. A cool thing is that there is not much aftermarket support, so you are not tempted to put all kinds of money into a cheap plinker. I think you made an excellent choice.

They are usually very accurate rifles for less than half the cost of others. I always said they are a premium barrel and trigger in a low cost action and stock. They put my 10/22's to shame in the accuracy department.

I feed them CCI std velocity. Can't really beat CCI std velocity accuracy for the cost and it works well in a wide range of rifles.

First time I've heard that mentioned as a positive thing. Kinda makes sense though! ;)
I know a lot of people put crazy money into their 10/22s just cause the parts are available. For the money added to an already semi expensive plinker, in my eyes, its usually not worth the gains. Some people buy all the cool factor stuff just because they can.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews