Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Dundee City Hall sign

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Dbjack46, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Dbjack46

Dbjack46 Dundee, Oregon New Member

The Dundee City Hall front door has a sign reading, "NO WEAPONS!" That's the whole sign!

Checked Oregon gun statutes (ORS 166.291, 360 and 370) so I believe the sign violates the Oregon preemption statutes.
    I plan to inform the city attorney after double checking with one or two persons like Mr. Starrett at OFF or the gun club here in Newberg, but I'm pretty sure the sign is contrary to Oregon law or needs at least an asterisk for exceptions(police, miltary and CHL permitees).

2. branson4020

branson4020 Forest Grove, OR Active Member

To vague to mean anything. A pocket knife or your shoe laces can be a weapon.

3. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

My mind is a weapon. Now I'll have to check it at the door.

4. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

Do they have a no saggy pants rule too? A belt could be used as a weapon. Oh the dilemma - which rule to follow...

5. BillM

BillM Amity OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Sign is a little vague, but they might be able to ban as a "court facility"----or at least think they can because the
    Municipal Court is in the same building. A court facility is defined in 166.360 (2)--and "Municipal Court" is NOT
    on the list.

6. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

When I saw this, I thought the Dundee City Hall sign had joined the board.