JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Excellent article. Also, there are way to many kids getting diagnosed with ADHD.

"In the United States, 9.5 percent of children between the ages of 3 years and 17 years have been diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)." That probably translates to about 20% of boys. Source: Adderall vs. Ritalin: What's the Difference?

"The survey follows reports that in some parts of the country—the South, for instance—23 percent of school-age boys have received an ADHD diagnosis. The CDC itself reported earlier this year that the number of U.S. children aged 2-3 currently medicated for ADHD exceeded 10,000." Source:A Dramatic Rise in ADHD Diagnoses

2-3 year olds getting medicated? How do you even make a diagnosis at that age?

Socialized medicine may swell to envelope more borderline areas including particularly expanding mental health "management" including doping up borderline or misdiagnosed people.

It may not be so much genuinely helping needful individuals but instead just a way justifying many unneeded mental health programs. Federal Insurance Market Place is a good example of such?

Used to be a short two year enlistment in the USMC had amazing results?

Ex RN.

I remember hearing this years ago: anti-depressants linked to suicides and increased feelings of nihilism among teenagers. I think it was Coast to Coast AM, so not exactly mainstream news, but still..

My sister in law feeds her kids donuts and juice for breakfast. The kids also fend for themselves and eat only what they feel like, which ends up being candy and sweet things. Try to put anything good in front of them and they won't do anything but nibble and push it around the plate.

Now both kids are on meds 24/7 and walk around like zombies. The 7 year old has been expelled from school for violent behavior....and mom just doesn't know why :oops:

Makes me wonder how many of these diagnoses are made by school psychologists after referral by teachers unwilling or unable to deal with boys being boys.

^^^ This. Absolutely!!!

And there is big money in contracting by local psychologists to do evaluations for the schools.

ADHD alone... Ritalin is a stimulant that changes the brain. Then a kid goes thru puberty and we take him off the drug, but he is still addicted. The market for illicit Ritalin among teens is huge!!! Many find it easier to obtain meth... so there ya go... we all know what meth addicts can be like!!!!!

My sister in law feeds her kids donuts and juice for breakfast. The kids also fend for themselves and eat only what they feel like, which ends up being candy and sweet things. Try to put anything good in front of them and they won't do anything but nibble and push it around the plate.

Now both kids are on meds 24/7 and walk around like zombies. The 7 year old has been expelled from school for violent behavior....and mom just doesn't know why :oops:
Diet and nutrition are critically important to a child's behavior. There's normal kid behavior and then there's the sugar/processed food amplification, that sends things over the top. We need to be responsible parents and grand parents, to ensure the young ones are getting good, wholesome, unprocessed foods that are full of nutrition and not sugars and fillers.

We've noted changes in my daughters behavior when she consumes processed foods and process sugars. So, mom and dad make sure those items are eliminated from her diet. Because as parents we are responsible for teaching good habits that'll last a lifetime.

^^^ This. Absolutely!!!

And there is big money in contracting by local psychologists to do evaluations for the schools.

ADHD alone... Ritalin is a stimulant that changes the brain. Then a kid goes thru puberty and we take him off the drug, but he is still addicted. The market for illicit Ritalin among teens is huge!!! Many find it easier to obtain meth... so there ya go... we all know what meth addicts can be like!!!!!

Tell me, comrade, have you taken your soma today?

Welcome to the brave new Babylon...

Diet and nutrition are critically important to a child's behavior. There's normal kid behavior and then there's the sugar/processed food amplification, that sends things over the top. We need to be responsible parents and grand parents, to ensure the young ones are getting good, wholesome, unprocessed foods that are full of nutrition and not sugars and fillers.

We've noted changes in my daughters behavior when she consumes processed foods and process sugars. So, mom and dad make sure those items are eliminated from her diet. Because as parents we are responsible for teaching good habits that'll last a lifetime.

My boy was like that. He craved sugar and preservative laden junk food like hotdogs. And he just went into hyperdrive orbit after consuming these. You could see him jumping around, tapping his feet, annoying his sisters, etc. We notified the school cafeteria, but guess what they fed him anyway... yup, hot dogs... with chocalate milks and some good choc chip cookies, cake, etc. Dumbazzes!!!

Excellent article. Also, there are way to many kids getting diagnosed with ADHD.

"In the United States, 9.5 percent of children between the ages of 3 years and 17 years have been diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)." That probably translates to about 20% of boys. Source: Adderall vs. Ritalin: What's the Difference?

"The survey follows reports that in some parts of the country—the South, for instance—23 percent of school-age boys have received an ADHD diagnosis. The CDC itself reported earlier this year that the number of U.S. children aged 2-3 currently medicated for ADHD exceeded 10,000." Source:A Dramatic Rise in ADHD Diagnoses

2-3 year olds getting medicated? How do you even make a diagnosis at that age?

With a diagnosis.......it frequently comes extra Govt support money for the household. See how that works?:eek:

Aloha, Mark

I used to have a close lady friend who managed a large day care center. As a licensed CA RN I quickly was "drafted" to help out. Amazing how so many smart well educated and well paid parents who could afford very expense, (very!) kid day care services had not a clue as to how to feed their kids.

Sossssss., that responsibility fell upon the Day Care Center. We had too much on our plates already, (pun intended) but the kids were not being fed properly at home so we tried and succeeded to feed them properly at the Day Care Center. Full time cook/nutritionist. Not me. No sugar or sweeteners.

All meals and treats cooked. Kids would come in early in the AM either starving and lethargic or sugar or sweet hard wired. Over a couple of weeks the kids behavior evened out. I still think it was a case of having good nutrition being responsible for some borderline kid's behavior improvement.

Diet. Exercise. Motivation. Education. Observation. Encouragement. Running a big day care center was like running a school, nursery, jail, infirmary and restaurant all combined.

Linux Mint 17 Firefox Mozilla spell check sometimes is a hoot. :)

No doubt that the conversation(s) about guns and violence needs to expand. I mean......beyond just gun control/banning measures.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads