JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am looking for a single stage small pin drop in. I have no experience with anything other than mil-spec parts.

I am leaning towards the CMC flat 3.5 lb unit that is about $150

What does the more expensive units gain?

I too have a CMC 3.5 lb flat. There were a number of group buys on Geissele and other triggers on another firearms forum and those that bought many said that the CMC was certainly the best value if not better overall.

The pins come long so as to accommodate varying lower receiver body widths but are easy to sand/turn down.

CMC was rumored to be coming out with a two stage trigger. Did that ever happen?

Last Edited:
CMC 3.5lb flat is top of my list for my AR's. I checked them out up at Rainier Arms one afternoon, really feel great. Gisselle and Timney are fantastic triggers, no argument there, but the CMC seems to be in the same league for an easier to swallow price. For my uses, I think it's the one.

Awhile back I was shopping triggers and the store I was at had a cut-away lower that you could swap triggers into with relative ease and see about pull weight, travel, slack, etc. CMC was the money. Eventually I'll pick up a geiselle, but I'm happy with CMC and in no rush to change it.

Single stage? You're not going to find much better. If you want a two-stage later, Geissele (pr: GUYS-lee) SSA and SSAE are the best I've tried. If you want to learn to install an AR trigger in less than 10 minutes, this 20 minute video will cover any regular AR trigger install.

Once you've done one, you'll never shy from it again.

For a very sweet two stage trigger, I forgot to mention the Wilson Combat TTU-3G trigger. They're in the same ball park, price wise, as the Geissele and I think they are very worthy. Had my hands on a couple AR's with that trigger in them, really nice trigger. If I wanted a 2-stage trigger, they'd make the short list, to be sure.

Single stage? You're not going to find much better. If you want a two-stage later, Geissele (pr: GUYS-lee) SSA and SSAE are the best I've tried. If you want to learn to install an AR trigger in less than 10 minutes, this 20 minute video will cover any regular AR trigger install.

Once you've done one, you'll never shy from it again.

Geissle is the best. I have the SSA-E and would never go to anything else. Worth every penny.
A good trigger is 60+ of your accuracy.

For a step up in performance from LPK triggers and for $39.00, I use the ALG triggers on budget AR's.
Geissle's wife owns the company.

You really notice a difference? You must be just using the stock (QMS) trigger at $39? Cheapest I see those is $45 but it looks to me like the $65 ALG trigger would be the first place you would see any advantage over mil-spec?

I didn't say it was a big step, just a next level up.
No grittiness, smoother and a more consistent 6.5 pull.
I found them on a "buy it now" eBay sale.

Last Edited:
I have 2 CCM curved triggers they are both entirely different, one is clean the other mushy until let-off, maybe I should have cleaned it before install?
Next time I will opt for a flat trigger

I really like my CMC trigger, which I chose because of the price. I didn't want to break the $200 barrier and the price for CMC is closer to $175. Very happy...

I got a Bill Springfield $45 trigger job on a mil-spec trigger of mine, but he RUINED my trigger. He took it back "fixed it" and sent it back to me, but nothing changed. After firing a shot, when I released the trigger to reset...another BANG. Very very very bad. He should have offered to buy me a new mil-spec trigger, but nothing. Very unhappy...

Yep, very very bad. I have heard that stoning and polishing of the mil spec parts is a no no. They are case hardened, not full hard so it takes very little material removed to get to the soft innards.

I assume the "upgraded" mil spec parts are polished and then heat treated and then cleaned back up.

regardless I would think you could not have a worse result from a trigger job you describe .

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top