JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to know a guy that was big into custom AR's and he always had the latest and greatest JP Enterprises Billet and machined greatness they made, truly works of AR art and damn fine race guns! I couldn't justify spending that kind of coin on a AR, but to each their own!

His budget is pretty high. Does he have magazines, ammo, light, and sling, iron sights? Maybe go cheaper and buy 2 ARs instead? For training I took two ARs but did not experience any failures with my primary AR.

His budget is pretty high. Does he have magazines, ammo, light, and sling, iron sights? Maybe go cheaper and buy 2 ARs instead? For training I took two ARs but did not experience any failures with my primary AR.

Yep, I always bring at least one back up weapon for training classes and is the primary reason I multiples of the same guns.

Last Edited:
$1000 or less on a Colt would work just fine.

5k or even 10k won't make you any more proficient.
A person new to the AR -15 platform will be the weak link for some time before his basic Colt AR-15 is.

This....

Why give a high end gun to a noob (no offense intended).

Usually basic is better.
Good trigger, barrel and red dot for in the house should be plenty.

Just my 2¢

Why give a noob a high end weapon? Because he wants it.

The price of the weapon will not prevent him training.

He isn't in Oregon otherwise I'd send him to cerberus, his training is incredible.

$4-$5k!!!!!

Either that guy is an idiot or your trying to screw him.

An $850 AR will do the same as a $4000 AR.

Tell that guy to spend his money on ammo and lessons.

Even a really nice AR will be less than $1400, and still isn't needed.

Heck buy 10 PSA ARs and have one for every window.

Just because you spend a lot on a rifle doesn't make it more accurate or run better.

Thats like a first time golfer going out buying the most expensive set of clubs.

I played a pro in golf, one hole. He played the hole, every shot with a 7 iron.
340 yd hold.

He beat me by 4 strokes.

He would probably like this rig...... 1591770248550.png

If I was buying one off the shelf and if money is no object and you want the best... Knights Armament SR-15 hands down.
Geissele SuperDuty is another fantastic choice... Daniel Defense would round out my top 3 right now.
If only one AR... a 14.5" barrel with a pinned muzzle device(Surefire warcomp is a great choice) to get your 16" overall....
For optics.. LPVO...Vortex Razor Or something similar and an offset Leupold DeltaPoint pro...
Then go see Steve @Cerberus Group for some training and a pile of his excellent High Desert ammo.

that's my opinion anyway....:s0094:
This +1

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews