JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Armed Social Security Recipients are Now Targeted by Obama

Tim Brown February 10, 2016

If you've got a gun and you receive Social Security, you are now being targeted by the Obama administration.

In the latest stealth effort by the
Communist administration, the Social Security Administration is wanting to list the names of those who receive Social Security benefits to the National Instant Check System (NICS) as "prohibited persons." This would effectively ban them from being able to purchase a gun and would target those who already own guns.

It would also be a clear violation of the Fifth Amendment's due process clause.

The LA Times has the story:
The push is intended to bring the Social Security Administration in line with laws regulating who gets reported to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, or NICS, which is used to prevent gun sales to felons, drug addicts, immigrants in the country illegally and others.

A potentially large group within Social Security are people who, in the language of federal gun laws, are unable to manage their own affairs due to "marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease."

If Social Security, which has never participated in the background check system, uses the same standard as the VA, millions of its beneficiaries would be affected. About 4.2 million adults receive monthly benefits that are managed by 'representative payees.'

The Veterans Administration has been involved in this for years now, as they have sought to disarm our veterans, those who have fought to defend the very rights they are being deprived. My good friend Leon Puissegur seems to have been targeted in such a manner.

Just like the VA, the Social Security Administration would have no judicial oversight, which would mean they would end up violating the Constitutional rights of American citizens under the Second and Fifth Amendments.

We already know that the
NICS system is being used to build a database, despite it being against the law to do so.

Owning a gun is not a crime. Being a veteran is not a crime. Being elderly is not a crime. Even being marked as having "subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease" is not a crime. Therefore, people's rights should not be infringed because a mentally ill, criminal usurper thinks they should be.

Any way this
criminal administration can think of restricting or confiscating guns, they are looking to do it. Whether it is through the Veterans Administration, more background checks, or putting people on a random no-fly list, they are openly defying God, the people and the Constitution.

What Americans need to keep their eyes on is the simple fact that the united States Constitution does not grant any authority to DC politicians to write law nor impose by executive order the restriction of guns for citizens. Congress doesn't have that authority, the Executive Branch doesn't have that authority and neither does the Judicial Branch. This is a usurpation and always has been because
every federal gun law is unconstitutional!

http://freedomoutpost.com/2016/02/ar...eted-by-obama/

Great......I'm getting my first social security check this month!
At least I am still competent (enough) to handle my own financial affairs.
And if I wasn't, doesn't mean I wasn't competent enough to handle
owning firearms.

This type of story is frightening. Anyone, gun lover or anti-gun, should
be concerned with these types of actions. First they go after one right,
then they will go after another.

Is the VA trying to prevent all vets from owning firearms or just those that have mental issues and yes it does make a difference.

No question about SSY if you paid into it, you or your spouse ought to be able to collect on it no questions asked regardless of mental state.

It was mentioned that being elderly is not a crime, during WWll the nazi's saw it differently, they purposely killed older people. This has continued on in other countries as well. Go to youtube, watch the video The History of Gun Control. It is well worth your time. There are so many parallels to today's times in the video, it's scary. This will tell, and show you where we are headed. They say, ''history repeats it's self'', we'd better be praying it does not!

Sorry this should probably be in another thread, but I am pressed for time just now. Move as appropriate.

CIVIL RIGHTS UPDATE: House votes to void Obama administration's Social Security gun background check rule.

Under the rule, which got final approval as President Obama was heading out the door in December, the Social Security Administration was instructed to scour its records to spot people who were so mentally impaired that their checks were sent to a payment representative. Those names were then to be entered in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).

The GOP-controlled House voted 235-180, breaking down almost entirely along party lines, to kill the new rule using the Congressional Review Act, which gives Capitol Hill a chance to swat down a lame-duck president's last-minute regulations.

Gun-rights groups said the rule impinged on Americans' Second Amendment rights, denying them the chance to buy a gun without good reason.

"This rule is a slap in the face of those in the disabled community because it paints all those who suffer from mental disorders with the same broad brush," said Rep. Robert W. Goodlatte, Virginia Republican and chairman of the House Judiciary Committee.

He said people who suffer from mental disorders are more likely to be crime victims, not perpetrators.

The lede is actually buried in this story.

The real news is that Congress used its CRA power to knock down an Obama regulation, which if Todd Gaziano has it right, we could be seeing a lot more of in the next few months — with Congress possibly eliminating regs dating back to the very beginning of the Obama Administration.

There is another existing thread on this. And, you are a bit behind the curve on the facts on this one. The U.S. Congress has been busy passing a repeal of this SS gun grab. The House passed its version of the repeal bill last week. The Senate passed its version, just today. The bill is now going to the President. He is expected to sign the bill rather quickly. I appreciate you trying to inform us of this issue. But, this one is over.. done.. history!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top