JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

would you buy a DA glock?

• Total voters
My Beard is way to frickin cool to stoop to watching yet another Block FanBoi Video!
Yes, a D/A is a nice thing to have in a service/duty pistol, but come on, every one else is already doing it ( Beretta, Browning) and far better then Ol' Plastic Fantastic! Don't get me wrong, Glock has it's place, and i'm no hater, But WHY....................

I guess Glock wants more market share, more attention!

Looks like the shortened the trigger bar tab so it does not partially cock the striker. They probably changed some other geometry to help the issues that would create.
Solution to a problem that does not really exist. Most all ammunition is so reliable there is no real need for DA re-strike of a primer in a Glock. I can't think of any use for it other than a training dry fire tool.

Looks like the main point is to help keep people from sending a round out of the pistol by accident. The pistol from day one has left a lot of people red faced when it fired "by it's self". Co first fixed this by making the pull harder. Don't know if they still make it but some places even had them make it really hard. IIRC called the NY trigger. So now some are offering what many pistols have long had. Long first pull followed by shorter each one after. Of course the real fault of the people with the red faces was never the gun but, that never mattered.
The first time I got to shoot a G17 was a new thing. Trigger was quite light and pistol was impressive, having 18 rounds in a service pistol. First thing I said though is this is going to be a problem handing these to Cops who were using D/A wheel guns. I was of course right. All kinds of problems soon started to happen. Still was the fault of the person holding the gun but, almost every time the person with the red face looked for some reason to blame the gun. :confused:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top