JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

would you buy a DA glock?

• Total voters
My beard isn't cool enough to watch the whole thing. But no, a DA trigger isn't necessary.

Not that I don't think it is necessary, just that I now have ten SIGs, their ergos are much better IMO, and the DA/SA trigger is superior to any striker fired handgun I have tried. I don't see any reason get Glocks at this point.

Not that I don't think it is necessary, just that I now have ten SIGs, their ergos are much better IMO, and the DA/SA trigger is superior to any striker fired handgun I have tried. I don't see any reason get Glocks at this point.

Plus as an added bonus, you may get lucky and score that Sig that has their patented triple-action.... SA/DA/DropA.

;):D

I love a double action pistol but why would Glock think they can do a better double action trigger that the people who have been doing it well for a long time. Also this is the complete opposite of what made Glock... Glock!

I love a double action pistol but why would Glock think they can do a better double action trigger that the people who have been doing it well for a long time. Also this is the complete opposite of what made Glock... Glock!

It's an aftermarket part, not OEM Glock. I guess you don't have a cool enough beard to watch the videos either. :D

If I was into Glocks I would maybe go for it - as I said, I think it is necessary. But buy a Glock to get that DA trigger? No. Not when I can get a DA/SA SIG for about the same price - especially a metal framed SIG.

So the striker spring is not compressed at all when the trigger is not pressed? Meaning that the trigger is heavier and has a long press?

Have you tried the p320? Striker fired with a trigger that feels so. and they fixed the drop safety. I mention it mostly because it is pretty fantastic

Have you tried the p320? Striker fired with a trigger that feels so. and they fixed the drop safety. I mention it mostly because it is pretty fantastic

No. I've heard that SIG striker fired guns have better triggers than Glocks though. IIRC I think I tried on in a store once and wasn't all that impressed. Mostly I would be interested in a P365 if I were to try a striker fired SIG, and only then because they don't make it with DA/SA.

It isn't like I haven't shot striker fired guns - I've owned and shot a number of them; Glock, Kahr and Walther. They all felt the same to me with regards to the trigger, and none of them had the advantages of the DA/SA SIGs (DA/SA, decocker, safe carry loaded, restrike capability).

The p320 I own has a trigger that could pass as my p220. I might point out it is an a p320x trigger. The 365 trigger is okay. Not in the same zip code as my p320 whose trigger is frankly competition level.

I would have to know a lot more of what's going on inside their Glock before I could could pass judgement.

At face value and assuming the trigger weight is unchanged from a standard Glock, I could see it being very beneficial for dry fire....

Looks like the shortened the trigger bar tab so it does not partially cock the striker. They probably changed some other geometry to help the issues that would create.
Solution to a problem that does not really exist. Most all ammunition is so reliable there is no real need for DA re-strike of a primer in a Glock. I can't think of any use for it other than a training dry fire tool.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top