JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Honestly? This is a very important reason to look at where the items are being shipped out from.. not just Leupold... I've seen airsoft knockoffs of just about every AR accessories, and also for many other guns... and gear. If the price seems too good to be true, check where its being shipped from.
Hong Kong
China
PRC (Taiwan)
Korea (some soft goods gear, usually sold for Fox Outdoors and Rothco brands)

I was tempted to buy one online. The picture had the scope on a Leupold box but never actually said Leupold in the ad. Did a search and there are sites dedicated to counterfeit merchandise.

I have a Nikon P223 scope that I bought from a local retailer which is now closed. The glass is really clear but I could never get a good zero. Put another scope and zeroed in a few shots. I always thought it might be a fake.

I know Leupold imports their optics (I've seen the boxes that the optics come in), but I can't remember if the optics come from Japan or somewhere else.

That said, the scopes are put together here, so yeah, if the scope itself comes from overseas, then its counterfeit.

If by optics you mean the glass, you're correct. The glass generally comes from labs in China, Japan, and even the Philippines.

The reason being is European glass is stupid expensive, and glass from the USA is next to non-existent.
Other than US optics who else would have American made glass? And look at what you're paying to get that. And at the price USO scopes go for there are better figures in the game. Not that USO is bad, still great.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top