JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have the typical story. I would like to complete an 80% lower for all the usual reasons but the cost of the jig does not make it appealing to me. When I can get a complete Aero lower for $150 its hard to justify a lower plus the jig for $150 or more.

I am in Seattle and would be willing to travel an hour any direction to meet up. If you are the trusting sort I would be happy to pay the shipping there and back. I was thinking of a Tactical Machining lower but will use what ever works with your jig. If it works ok for you it would be fine with me.

Couldn't finishing your lower at someone else's shop put them in tight spot? I thought they needed to be finished by you at your house/shop with your tools.

Couldn't finishing your lower at someone else's shop put them in tight spot? I thought they needed to be finished by you at your house/shop with your tools.
i dont think location or borrowing a tool is the issue as long as the owner is doing the work even with supervision

It's not about whose tools are used.it's about who does the work. If I finish the lower with bob's tools and give (transfer) it to Bob then I am in trouble.

The deal is you do the work on your lower. If you rent a drill from home despot they don't have liability.

I was in the mindset if say I were to buy ten lowers and then finish them at a friends shop then that "could" be defined as a manufacturing facility.

ATF had a ruling awhile back that said that unlicensed people cannot simply go into someone else's machine shop, put their 80% into a CNC machine, and just push the big red button to complete the 80% to 100%, even for their own personal use. The ruling specifically addressed automatic CNC machines (as opposed to manual tools and jigs) but nonetheless, in the wake of that ruling, many folks shy away from lending any tools or jigs, or letting other people use their shop for the purpose of personal manufacturing.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top