JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Curious what this forum's AR guys think.

I've got an assembled A2 fixed carry handle minus bolt carrier group and charging handle, coming from M&A Parts Inc; and have decided on a chrome lined 1:9 16" Mid length Lightweight barrel with a fixed front sight.. now I see that there's an option for either A2 front sight tower, or F-marked/Carbine front sight tower...

Being that as far as I know..

A rifle length gas length needs A2 front sight tower for a fixed carry handle of either slickside, A1, C7, A2... and possibly the same for flat top rifle lengths, or a shorter front sight post if it came with F marked front sight tower

And a carbine gas length needs either a 0.040" taller front sight post or a F-marked/F-height carbine front sight tower due to the shorter sight radius, for all the receiver types, be it slickside/A1/C7/A2 fixed carry or standard flat top..

Since the Midlength is right between these two extremes.. my thinking is to go for an A2 height and possibly a 0.020" taller sight post or filed down 0.040 height post? Or screw in further on a F marked?
Help?

Most manufacturers when selling Mid length barre with front sight bases will sell them with a "F" marked FSB to be used with flat top upper receivers. Even though you have a fixed carry handle you should be fine with a F marked FSB. You may just need to turn the sight a few more clicks down than you would with a non F marked base

Last Edited:
Most manufacturers when selling Mid length barre with front sight bases will sell them with a "F" marked FSB to be used with flat top upper receivers. Even though you have a fixed carry handle you should be fine with a F marked FSB. You may just need to turn the sight a few more clicks down than you would with a non F marked base
Yeah, Del-Ton.. as much as some people like to bag on them.. they do offer both front sights on their barrels. Only these lengths though;
11.5"
14.5"
16"-has the most options regarding profile and gas lengths
20"

No 18" lengths or longer than 20" available.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews