JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was shooting an NRA High Power match in Oregon back in spring '91
one of those intense Oregon Spring rains came in, we expected the shoot to be cancelled
rain was soaking me on my shooting stool and the top of my M1 Garand receiver was filling up with rain water
the Range Master hollered out "Gentlemen, no War was ever cancelled due to rain - shooters to the line"

we have had 1.25" of rain so far today, but my 1911 doesn't melt in the rain - can't say about Glocks, though
shooting my 9mm 1911 in the rain today, with a Outback oilskin rain jacket and Dorfman rain hat

It depends on what Im shooting.
Easy to clean firearms, pump action/ turkish semi auto shotguns, ARs.. certainly.

Other firearms.. not so much.
Its a lot of fun to shoot in the rain if you plan accordingly.

"Glocks are plastic." They're like rubber boots. You better believe I shoot them in the rain.

Was shooting at the range in Clackamas once in a heavy downpour. You could see the path of the bullets because of their collisions with raindrops on the way to the target.

They all work in the rain .

Just have a few that can live outside with little fear of water damage.
I know they all work in the rain, but how many of us NW shooters actually shoot our firearms in our weather
I worked in Tacoma for many years, including at Madigan Army Medical Center
the GIs up there say "If it ain't rainin, we ain't trainin"
when I was stationed in Germany in the '60/70s we lived in the rain and snow
but now that we're aging civilians, how many of us still go out into the rain to shoot?
I have a Glock and actually dunked in a green swampy hole and it did shoot (have marine spring cups installed)
but how many Glock owners actually go out and dung their Glocks in a NW swampy hole and shoot them

I thought all NW outdoorsmen had oilskins and Dorfman hats?!?!?!?
I still have my original Australian Drizabone made out of oiled sailcloth - doesn't fit any longer, but still have it
Not I. Born and raised in the NW and have never owned one. Haha

Not I. Born and raised in the NW and have never owned one. Haha
when I first moved to Oregon, bought a Gortex jacket - an Outback oilskin is so much Macho
Portland Yuppies wear Gortex - REAL MEN wear oilskin
when one walks into a NW bar in a stinky oilskin, a Dorfman hat hanging on it's string behind your head, a beard hanging half way down to your waist, you just drip HUDOSN BAY REAL MAN
you stare at the people at the bar and clear both bar stools on either side

before coffee.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top