JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wondering if anyone has ever found or heard of rust starting on the takedown pins of their AR's. It looks like it might just be some wear and tear on mine but I wanted to check here. Sorry for no pics im at work.

I've had a set of titanium take down pins. Although it seems silly since the pins dont take a lot of of the forces, the hardness lets them move a lot easier. Like pulling a file over hardened steel, it just glides over rather than catching. The detents also glide over them as well. and they wont rust!

its possible if theyre steel and the coating is worn off
This ^^^
Steel rusts.
AR's like to run wet anyway, so those pins should be getting oil by default.

718zUta2ItL._SY679_.jpg

Just wondering if anyone has ever found or heard of rust starting on the takedown pins of their AR's. It looks like it might just be some wear and tear on mine but I wanted to check here. Sorry for no pics im at work.
Some pivot pins are brass. When they rub up on the takedown it can be possible to look like red discoloration, similar to rust.

I have never seen brass pins but I bet they do exist. The trigger or hammer pin can be made of most anything that would work. Round stock. Cut down drill bits. We used oversize pins to salvage worn out M16 receivers. Over size take down pins also. Easy and quick to fab if you have the facilities. Like said, a low maintenance part.

All Oregon State Laws, US Code Laws, NFA Laws And BATFE Rules And Regulations Apply.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top