JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They (or a similar outfit) have been around for a while.
I was considering doing this but decided that the process needed absolute attention to be done properly and I didn't have the patience to even read the entire instructions (online) and would probably screw it up... I know me. That would only net me a $60 debit, a gunked-up rifle, and self-loathing. You can try it out on something less complex than a reciever first to get the hang of it... I just didn't.

I think I'm ready to look at it again so I'll be watching to see what people say.

I love this one.:)
If I could do it, I would.:D
"Copper Head" I forget who did it...:(

Copper Head.jpg

I did with an old beater but not using the film -- I used the swirl paint method:

I suspect the expensive part is the film used for the pattern because the $40 difference between the basic and pro kits, is 1.5 meters of film.

Taking out the film though, the price for their kit seems rational - when I did mine I bought several different sets of expensive model paints until I found some that would work for me (in my case, it was the Rustoleum camo spray paints sprayed on the water). The most expensive part was a can of two part epoxy clearcoat which if I recall was about $25. I'm sure I spent close to the basic kit to do the paint swirl. The advantage I had over the kit however, was that I could practice on scrap wood before dipping my stock, and if I recall, I did the stock more than once after not liking the first result. Still, considering they are clearly selling a two part probably epoxy like clear coat, the price seems fine to me -- that stuff is sort of expensive even when you buy it alone.

I will say it is harder than it seems in videos, at least for me, and while I was satisfied with it in the end, it is by no means a professional job. Anyway, this is what it ended up looking like: A small brag: Refurbed 10/22

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR