JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any 22 caliber and 30 caliber kit you find will work. Is there something more specific you are looking for?

For the AK a long shoe string or 550 cord with several knots in the end and any motor oil, then wipe it down with an old sock with a little of the motor oil on it.

The AR now needs some high end fast frog lube to even faction!

Just kidding I use CLP (Break free) on every thing and a simple kit like that mentioned in post #3.

edit spelling

Last Edited:
For the AK a long shoe string or 550 cord with sever knots in the end and any motor oil, then wipe it down with an old sock with a little of the motor oil on it.

The AR now needs some high end fast frog lube to even faction!

Just kidding I use CLP (Break free) on every thing and a simple kit like that mentioned in post #3.
Incorrect, ARs need and will only work with that special $30 an ounce tactical cooking oil.

For you AK you should have clean rod and clean kit. I cut up of 12 gauge shotgun swabs up and use CLP to clean everything. If you shot corrosive ammo the you been to use water to rinse everything off including the gas piston the clean your AK.

I have an Otis cleaning kit for my AR that I use but still have regular AR cleaning kit with segmented rods as well.

Bore snakes are great for in the field but for home I have a good cleaning rod and brushes that I use for the more thorough monthly or annual cleaning. I have an Otis kit in the range bag that is remarkably compact and works really well. I just use BreakFree CLP with it. On the bench I have brushes, nylon pics, a cleaning rod with patches of all sizes and a bunch of different cleaners for carbon, lead, etc.

edit: Oh and there are chamber brushes specifically made for ARs that go on the end of a cleaning rod. A good one will save you a lot of time poking around with strategically bent Q-Tips.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads