JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd like to figure out a way to do this with the space I have to work with, I use an ultra sonic cleaner for my own brass but I know sometimes people can be picky with brass unless it looks brand new. I have hundreds (or thousands) of casings collecting that I've never cleaned, and would love to get out of my apartment😂
Go to the ads and let people what you have. Read the rules, Free is an acceptable price if you just want it gone or come up with a price based on what others are selling for.

I'd like to figure out a way to do this with the space I have to work with, I use an ultra sonic cleaner for my own brass but I know sometimes people can be picky with brass unless it looks brand new. I have hundreds (or thousands) of casings collecting that I've never cleaned, and would love to get out of my apartment😂
---------------------------------
Besides the brass that I pick up I buy range brass, generally between a hundred pounds up to four hundred pounds at a time.
I separate the rifle brass from the pistol brass, then separate the pistol brass with the plastic pistol brass seperater pans.
Then they get tumbled in one of my Frankford Rotary wet tumblers.
I made drying racks to dry the brass, they serve a couple of purposes. The brass comes out 100% dry, I get an accurate count on the brass and I get to handle each piece of brass so I get to inspect all of it and I can toss the damaged brass in to the scrap bucket.
I store the dry cleaned brass in dollar store zip lock baggies. I store the baggie packaged brass in plastic buckets I get for free from the Safeway bakery.
The buckets I use are three and five gallon buckets.
The pistol is packaged in 500 piece quantities.
The rifle brass gets packaged in 100 piece quantities.
Once I get a bunch cleaned and ready to sell I'll list them on several gun forums to sell or trade for stuff I can use.
I have sold brass all across the country, even to Alaska and Hawaii.
I use the flat rate boxes from the post office to ship the brass.
I bought a butt load of scrap lead and have been making ingots to use for bullet casting.
I have several hundred pounds of lead and listed it on the forums for sale. I have sent lead to several far off States in the flat rate boxes. You can put up to seventy pounds in a flat rate box for less the $20.

As far as brass goes price depends upon what calibers you have. The common calibers (9mm, 40cal, 45acp, 223/5.56) are relatively cheap, five to six cents a case.

10mm, 357mag, 44spl,44mag, 243, 308, 30/30, 30/06 and other rifle brass bring more money.

I sell the common calibers in lots of 500 or 1,000 prices.

The other calibers are sold in 100 piece lots.

I have traded brass for powder, AR lower kits, dies, Hornady Lock n Load bushing, and other its I needed or wanted.

If you reload or pick up brass in smaller quantities Frankford has a smaller wet tumbler (the lite model) that does a good job of getting the brass nice & clean.
Harbor Freight has a couple of them, but you get what you pay for. I wouldn't waste my money on them. Buy the Frankford, buy once - cry once.

Wet tumbling get all the crud off the brass
20211106_203016.jpg

My drying racks
20210108_174330.jpg

My pistol sorting pans & wet tumbling drum
20210425_141018.jpg

Shotgun hulls & steel rifle & pistol garbage
20210522_120007.jpg

More trash
20210718_182818.jpg

Every weekend is the same, more shotgun hulls and steel rifle n pistol cases

I've been doing the same as @HighlandLofts for over 7 years. When I started I would pack out at least two bags of trash a weekend, it was a never ending task but I kept at it. I would put 1-2 bags in my trash/recycling cans bi-monthly and run to the dump with the yearly cleanups.
Long story short, I haven't had to take more than a few pieces of paper out per week in 2 years. It takes making signs, leaving nasty grams and being out there when people are present to talk to them, explaining why I do it. They, for the most part, are thankful for my diligence.

Good luck with your quest, all it takes is 1-2 people that actually gives a damn.

Like above, I sell a lot of range brass. A lot of guys are not that interested in how clean it is. they are more interested in getting it sorted by caliber and cheap. I tumble in 5 gallon buckets [ the buckets fit nicely in my cement mixer] I run them with hot water, dish soap and lemon juice.
That gets them clean enough to remove the dirt, and be able to read any headstamp. And I sell them as "Washed".
That process may work out better for an apt dweller. you can just shake and wash them in a 1 gal bucket. And you are not building up a ton of cases. You can turn your brass sales into other shooting toys! Like a portable bench, or a ..... DR

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top