JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had one for about 15 years. Got it off of a prize table at a match in Nevada around 2004. It's "OK".
I've upgraded with the variable speed, done every little trick and tune and it still won't run 200 in a row
without tapping on it and mild cursing. Part of my problem is that apparently it really doesn't like Winchester
primers--and that's all I use except for Federals for my revolvers. If I were just starting out I would probably
give the Vibra-Prime a try, or just buy a pile of tubes and fill them while watching the TV.

I have one
You do need to fiddle with it but it beats the hell out of picking up primers one at a time. And since primers are the limiting factor for speed when you're reloading on a Dillon, IMHO it's well worth it.

I have one and love it. Quirk with it is: Do not use CCI primers. They tend to be "out of round" and will get stuck in the tube. I found out the hard way. Dillon specifically states not to use CCI in their equipment due to this problem. Now I just use Federal, Winchester, and Fiocchi. No problems. Good tool to have for marathon reloading session.

I have one and love it. Quirk with it is: Do not use CCI primers. They tend to be "out of round" and will get stuck in the tube. I found out the hard way. Dillon specifically states not to use CCI in their equipment due to this problem. Now I just use Federal, Winchester, and Fiocchi. No problems. Good tool to have for marathon reloading session.
That's weird cci works best in my rf100.

and Lee states to ONLY use CCI. Leaves more for me. :)

Is the price worth it on those? Seems spendy.

and Lee states to ONLY use CCI. Leaves more for me. :)

Is the price worth it on those? Seems spendy.
Depends on what your time is worth.
Keeping the Dillon primer feed loaded is the biggest limiter on ammo production.
Loading primer tubes is the second most tedious thing a reloader can do. (After swaging IMHO :s0170:)
So, I like the Dillon RF-100. It takes maybe 15 seconds to get going and a tube full of primers is ready when I need it. If you are into really cranking out the ammo, the RF 100 is a must.

I dont remember my RL550 manual recommending any brand, all I use are CCIs. I dont have a primer filler however, I bought 10 tunes for each size and just fill them up before I start.

That's weird cci works best in my rf100.

Me too, all I use really. (Pluss CCI has a rebate going on for 20% back on any primper purchase over $100)

I have had one for as long as I have had my 1050. It's loading the tube why I keep cranking on 1050. I only stop to drop more primers in. Best thing I have learned from others before I got mine was to use it on a very solid surface. A table that starts to also vibrate will have issues. One that you can put your hand on with it running and barely feel the vibration from the loader you're solid. (some guys put it on the floor like a concrete one in a garage) I have mine on a solid bench, I keep the top plastic over thing off so if it jams its easy to unjam. However, it has not jammed up in over 10k of primers easy.

I am planning on getting another for large primers. I don't want to go back to pick up tubes!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top