JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just set up a 750 today for somebody.

no to roller handle
Yes to case feeder for prep
Yes to second tool head for sizing/prep

This was my takeaway and my first real run with Dillon presses aside from using one at a distance from a buddy's house.

I've accumulated enough toolheads to have one for each caliber. In the past, I came to anticipate adding $100 for each set up. So with 20 years on the 650, that adds about $5/year extra expense.....and the actual Dillon dies ARE better suited for Dillon use.
My first 450/550 blue oress had to accommodate whatever dies I could cobble together on low budget. After 20 years with that kit, sold it for a large chunk of then new 650. Learn as you go, you still make a new round with each pull of the handle.

Last Edited:

no to roller handle

This was my takeaway and my first real run with Dillon presses aside from using one at a distance from a buddy's house.

It suddenly occurred to me today that I need to hold off buying any case feeder for the press until it's here and I can measure the clearance. I have a tall bench (I built it that way because I'm 6'5"), and I have shelving above my bench that sticks out about 12". Once I have the press out of the box I'll be able to tell what if any riser I can use, and if the electric case feeder will clear everything or if I have to go with the mini case feeder from Double Alpha.

Thank you so much to everyone for all the insight! Keep it coming!

I don't have a 750 but I have a 550 since 1991 This is what I learned. It takes a bit of time to learn the tricks to get it running and it sucks to stop and make the adjustments but after a while the adjustments will become second hand and almost instant. Clean and lube it as needed . Start slow then speed will come. I hope you enjoy the loader for years and years as I still enjoy mine.

Last Edited:
Congrats on the purchase!

My advise.

Load it as is when you get it. go from there.

I've got the LNL and I have no need to add anything to it. I can go plenty fast and at the same time don't feel the need to go any faster

I only recently added the Inline mount with some tray holders so I can use the little uline trays and have everything within reach a bit better.

The one thing I am looking to get is something to load primer tubes. That's my slowest time consuming part.
Frankford Arsenal has a primer tube loading device which looks like a time saver from what a person normally does.

I'd definately suggest a roller handle. Not sure the ergo is needed, you'll know once you get it on your bench. I would not waste the money on the daa casefeeder. Save up for the electric Dillon feeder.

I ran two tool heads for .223, .308, and .30-06. I use the Dillon trimmer, so the prep head has a depriming die and trimmer. Then the brass gets tumbled and stored until ready to load. Then run through the loading head with powder measure, seater, crimp(if needed). I load on a 1050 now so I don't have to swage off the press, still prep on the 650. If I didn't trim on the press I would just run the brass through with a universal deprming die to pull the primer, some guys don't feel that needed, all up to,you.

Ergo roller
Case feeder
Led light to see the powder level in the cases
Extra primer tubes (10 total).

What DizzyJ said.

I process brass on separate toolheads since 99% of my problems are brass related. Processing the brass separately greatly reduces these problems when powder and primers are flying!

Well, at long last I have confirmation that my Dillon 750 is on the way! I ordered in a few accessories for it today, but I'm still holding off on the Inline Fabrication riser, roller handle, and case feeder until I have a chance to unbox it and get some measurements. I know it'll delay my start to actually reloadiing, but I'd rather get all the ducks in a row before I go and buy something that's not going to work out for me.

Thanks again for all the suggestions!

1610138240105.png

Got it!

Yaaa for you!

So I have a thimble full of knowledge compared to what others are providing in that my 750 arrived with the quarantines last March. Here is my $.02.

Have and like the case feeder. Have the roller handle but jury is still out on if I really like it. Thought the bullet tray was too expensive, got it anyway and like how it improves the ergonomics of placing the bullets on the cases (likely other less expensive options). I use the strong mount but I think this is really dependent on our individual setups. Yes to the spare parts kit. The only thing that has broken is one of the tips to the primer tube, likely early operator error as they have been flawless since. For me filling the tubes gives me a break from the machine for a few minutes.

Enjoy your new toy/tool!

I'll put in my .02 which isn't worth much. I bought a 650 about 8 years ago and just got around to unboxing it about 5 months ago. Yeah, it was a long time in coming. I learned to load 20+ years ago on my RCBS Rock Chucker 2. I still have it. There was a bit of a learning process with the Dillon, but in the 5 months I've had it up and running I've loaded about 15k rounds. I really enjoy it and I use it as therapy from work/life and my 5 year old daughter helps out with what she can.

I have it set up with the case feeder and the bullet feeder too. They both make it a lot more enjoyable to load up 500 rounds in a short amount of time. I don't push the machine or myself and when I'm tired, I stop.

I liked my 650 so much, I bought another new in box 650 with a case feeder for larger primer stuff.

I have a toolhead for each of the 16 calibers I load for as well as a generic deprimer toolhead. I also have a another toolhead for some specific calibers where I trim the brass on the press, 223, 300 BO, 308 Win, etc.

As you go along, you'll learn what you need and don't.

As for the IF stuff, it's top notch and I have all of my presses mounted on them so I can move them, well, not the Dillons.

Enjoy the new press.

Jon

When I first got my Dillon 650 I was disappointed. Setting up was a pain, but as soon as I got her dialed in, she runs like a rolex. Caliber change sucks(too many parts plus have to spend the extra coin on the caliber change kit). And to make the machine more reliable, again had to spend extra money on a machine that's supposedly be badass.

But what I always tell people, pick your poison none of them is perfect...

I've had a 650 for years, roller handle is a waste. Case feeder is a must, two tool heads setup with dies and powder dispensers is my setup. I'm high volume 223/556 and 204 Ruger loader. Not having to adjust the powder after changing tool heads is key. You need somebody close to you that will show you the ropes, nothing beats experience. Loading single stage is much easier than the Dillons. As already mentioned get a 10$ clamp on led light at Fred Meyer and clamp it to your steel pole pointed towards the seater die. This visible check to see powder is invaluable. Just a heads up I ordered 4 new primer tubes before the election and it took weeks to get them. Definitely get the spares kit, you wouldn't drive to NY without a spare tire would you? Enjoy.

no to roller handle

So, now that I have a 750...
Roller handle: yes
Extra heads for all setups: yes
I'll take the time needed to have properly setup heads just like what I did with my Lee turret press. One caliber, one complete setup.

In today's market it will take time but it is doable. So far the machine has been running brass only through it while I dial in what needs tweaking.

Case feeders are great for production but you still need *quality control* for your brass to weed out cracked cases, badly deformed cases, unwanted military brass, SPP brass when you are loading LPP brass, etc.
Clean & dump into your case feeder eliminates quality control unless you spend time inspecting your brass before using the CF. Im guessing most don't.

Buy case preparation tools: primer pocket cleaners, case mouth chamfering tools, couple dental pic tools...

Spent the last 4 hours QCing my brass as I ran a few thousand cases of 9mm through the sizer on the 750.

I QC when it's being sized. Best time to get a look at a T-bone is by sticking your head up a bulls bubblegum and the best time to QC brass is when you are watching it go up into the size die.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top