Diamondback DB9

Reactions
I should be buying one on Friday. Will give my honest opinion and results after shooting.

I was an early adopter of the DB380 and it was a gun that I wanted to love but had to hate. After sending it back and requesting a replacement i'm really loving my DB380 w/Crimson Trace.

The nice thing with the DB9 is it will use the same Crimson Trace unit as the DB380, so I won't have to spend more money for the time being.

OP
bluecz97b
Reactions
I bought it monday night and shot it tuesday night. It failed to feed properly about 10 out of 220 rounds. It seems to be that the slide wasnt coming back far enough and grabbing the next round in front of the rim. Im sending it back to DB tomorrow so they can check it out. I do suspect that the recoil spring may be a little to tight because of this feeding issue and the excessive felt recoil. Below are 2 pics of how it failed to feed. It is a really cool gun and I'm hopeing to love it, I let you know what they say when I get it back.

Reactions
I just had my DB9 blow up in my hand today. Thankfully I still got all my fingers, though my knuckles are bruised up. Do not put +p ammo in it! I put in 1 Corbon Powerball and the barrel exploded.

Reactions
Yikes! I am glad you still have all your fingers. Diamondback clearly stated in their website it can't take NATO or +P pressures.
<broken link removed>
But they also say on their forums that it is ok to shoot +P occasionally.

Beside shooting one +P round is not going to cause a gun to blow up. This had to be a double or triple charged load or the barrel was obstructed which doesn't appear to be the case. I'm going to have to put this squarely on the shoulders of Corbon since the difference between standard and +P would not result in a total failure of the barrel, IMHO.

Reactions
I watched one of diamondback's videos on YouTube and the guy shoots +p ammo several times with no problem. The gun kicked like a mule when it went off. At least this happened before I got in a self-defense situation. I think you are right about the over pressure. Watch out for Corbon in your DB9, it might blow your fingers off.

Reactions
If I were you I would send the pictures of your gun along with the batch/lot number of the Powerball ammo to Corbon and give them a chance to make it right. At least they should know so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Diamondback may help you out, but seeing it was a +P round there is no guarantee.

Reactions
I watched one of diamondback's videos on YouTube and the guy shoots +p ammo several times with no problem. The gun kicked like a mule when it went off. At least this happened before I got in a self-defense situation. I think you are right about the over pressure. Watch out for Corbon in your DB9, it might blow your fingers off.

What did the rounds prior to this happening feel like? Any chance of a squib load?

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Good guys!
    I stop in here every once in a while to see what Michael has in the clearance section, and to ask questions when I have a project in mind...
Top Bottom