JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I should be buying one on Friday. Will give my honest opinion and results after shooting.

I was an early adopter of the DB380 and it was a gun that I wanted to love but had to hate. After sending it back and requesting a replacement i'm really loving my DB380 w/Crimson Trace.

The nice thing with the DB9 is it will use the same Crimson Trace unit as the DB380, so I won't have to spend more money for the time being.

I bought it monday night and shot it tuesday night. It failed to feed properly about 10 out of 220 rounds. It seems to be that the slide wasnt coming back far enough and grabbing the next round in front of the rim. Im sending it back to DB tomorrow so they can check it out. I do suspect that the recoil spring may be a little to tight because of this feeding issue and the excessive felt recoil. Below are 2 pics of how it failed to feed. It is a really cool gun and I'm hopeing to love it, I let you know what they say when I get it back.

I just had my DB9 blow up in my hand today. Thankfully I still got all my fingers, though my knuckles are bruised up. Do not put +p ammo in it! I put in 1 Corbon Powerball and the barrel exploded.

Wow. Looks like it had to be a way over pressure round.

photo.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Yikes! I am glad you still have all your fingers. Diamondback clearly stated in their website it can't take NATO or +P pressures.
<broken link removed>

But they also say on their forums that it is ok to shoot +P occasionally.

Beside shooting one +P round is not going to cause a gun to blow up. This had to be a double or triple charged load or the barrel was obstructed which doesn't appear to be the case. I'm going to have to put this squarely on the shoulders of Corbon since the difference between standard and +P would not result in a total failure of the barrel, IMHO.

A double/tripple charge. After looking at the pictures more carefully, I concede. Yet, so unexpected of factory ammunition. You would expect QC would catch it. I am going to weight all my Pow'rballs.

I watched one of diamondback's videos on YouTube and the guy shoots +p ammo several times with no problem. The gun kicked like a mule when it went off. At least this happened before I got in a self-defense situation. I think you are right about the over pressure. Watch out for Corbon in your DB9, it might blow your fingers off.

If I were you I would send the pictures of your gun along with the batch/lot number of the Powerball ammo to Corbon and give them a chance to make it right. At least they should know so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Diamondback may help you out, but seeing it was a +P round there is no guarantee.

I watched one of diamondback's videos on YouTube and the guy shoots +p ammo several times with no problem. The gun kicked like a mule when it went off. At least this happened before I got in a self-defense situation. I think you are right about the over pressure. Watch out for Corbon in your DB9, it might blow your fingers off.

What did the rounds prior to this happening feel like? Any chance of a squib load?