JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

Scroll down to the DHS video at the bottom:

"Run, hide, fight..."

Fight with what? When the shooter opened the door I noticed a long list of notices pertaining to security. If the history of such events is any indication, those notices included a prohibition on firearms, including legally carried concealed weapons. While the shooter obviously was undeterred (I didn't notice him stopping to read the notices), I'm sure all of the potential victims were deterred, and have no credible means with which to fight back. The shooter obviously knows this. If he's like every other mass shooter in recent history, he picked this venue precisely because it is a "gun free zone", except, of course, for his own gun.

How much more confident of success would the man with the fire extinguisher be, if instead he were holding a 17 shot Glock semi-automatic pistol, for which he had a concealed handgun license? How many deaths could this man prevent with his pistol had he not been forced to run and hide in the beginning? How many children of Sandy Hook would be alive today had one of the school office personnel been legally carrying a concealed handgun, instead of having to suicidally respond with bare hands? For those who would argue that firearms in the hands of the "good guys" would only have made things worse, I have one question: How?

Re-load, regroup, and re-engage are a much better option, except for making the liberals nervous about someone in their midst being armed with a nasty and dangerous weapon.

If one student had been shot, it would have been a Zimmerman like case. If no one was shot (children), the anti gun crowd would have waited until the next tragedy and there would be no media coverage of Sandy Hook.

What if there is a second shooter guarding the exit? Can you imagine the sheer number of people in a crowded building trying to "RUN!"? Way too easy of a target.

Of course we are expected to run in fear and wait for people wearing uniforms carrying guns to wander through a maze of a work building to find a guy who has a 20 minute head start.

Maybe I can bring a military style shirt to work to wear in the case of an active shooter situation so that I can be considered competent to defend my own life like the "first responders" that hopefully will show up. Aren't we all supposed to be "first responders"?

AND- what if you are the second or third or fourth person who gets shot at the beginning of this video? Is that person just supposed to watch the first three get killed and then die?

That's one thing that I keep wondering about in the Arizona/Gifford shooting. It was broad daylight in a crowd when he started shooting. Isn't in most instances, the shooter only able to get off a couple shots before being tackled? Instead it sounded like everyone went to cover and waited for the shooting to stop, instead of rushing the shooter. I wasn't there, but if anyone has more info as to "why", I'd like to know.

What if there is a second shooter guarding the exit? Can you imagine the sheer number of people in a crowded building trying to "RUN!"? Way too easy of a target.

The school shooting in the early 90s in Alabama was set up that way. The shooters pulled the fire alarm and then shot their victims as they came out if the building. A despicable act but cleverly planned. To be honest I'm surprised something similiar hasn't happened again.

The school shooting in the early 90s in Alabama was set up that way. The shooters pulled the fire alarm and then shot their victims as they came out if the building. A despicable act but cleverly planned. To be honest I'm surprised something similiar hasn't happened again.

If it was pushed in the news stories more, it probably would have! ANOTHER item that isn't talked about is the media turning these killers into rock-start and overnight celebrities.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top