JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Desert Eagle's may be some of the most pointless pistols ever made, admired widely by people who know nothing of firearms. And yet...
every so often I find myself wanting one. Go figure

Ditto! Expensive and way too big, but iI have to admit I wouldn't mind having a .50 around just to show off! When iI was shopping for my pistol, I saw they had a large-frame DE in. 44, I believe, and that one uses the same frame as the. 50. I asked to hold it for fun, and with my small hands, I don't think I could even safely shoot that beast, I barely got my my top knuckle around the grip, probably had an inch of space between my thumb and middle finger! So actually, if iI got one, I'd save a ton of money on ammo, since I wouldn't even buy any....

Is it assumed that the initial thread start is referring to the .50AE? Never had the pleasure of shooting the .44 or the .357. I think the shooting DE in .357, with the brass spitting out on the ground would be as fun as the Coonan. BTW, everyone who has shot mine has had the biggest grin.

Practical? No.

Fun? YES!!!

I love my .50 AE. I wanted one for a long time and waited for a long time. About 2 years ago one came along for the right price. I loaded my first 500rds for about $0.30/rd.

DSC_0030.jpg

I also have a strange desire for something like a Desert Eagle. A high power, large bore handgun with relative light recoil due to the size and weight of the gun! I think .44mag would be ideal.
Just not going to spend a grand or more for something as impractical as a DE.

I don't know for sure, but it seems to me that all the baddest villains in NBC's world class show "Revolution" can't be wrong. But you have to make sure its one of the shiny ones. That way when you toss it aside in favor of your sword, everyone can see it better and you look even cooler!

I don't know for sure, but it seems to me that all the baddest villains in NBC's world class show "Revolution" can't be wrong. But you have to make sure its one of the shiny ones. That way when you toss it aside in favor of your sword, everyone can see it better and you look even cooler!

Now that's funny. I am glad they came out with the tiger striped gold plated one, so that I don't feel bad about wanting the brushed chrome mark XIX with a muzzle brake.

I shot the 44 mag version that I rented at the place to shoot. Much less recoil that my SW 629, and actually comfortable to shoot. I would bet with compensator on it you could get fairly quick follow ups. I just can't quite convince myself the $1000+ price tag is worth it... yet.

For what it is worth, the RO at place to shoot said that the DE was constantly rented, and had probably fired near as many rounds as every other rental gun in there combined. I also had a couple of jam's. The RO accused me of limp wristing it, but I'm not so sure. My hands are big enough, and it was fairly easy to control.

I love my .50 AE. I wanted one for a long time and waited for a long time. About 2 years ago one came along for the right price. I loaded my first 500rds for about $0.30/rd.

Hey dude, I know you from Gunbroker forum. Glad to see you posting here, you really know your stuff. How is the 50 for reliability? I would guess having the auto rims would help. The rimmed 44 mag cartridge made an odd feel when you stack them in a magazine.

Hey dude, I know you from Gunbroker forum. Glad to see you posting here, you really know your stuff. How is the 50 for reliability? I would guess having the auto rims would help. The rimmed 44 mag cartridge made an odd feel when you stack them in a magazine.

Yes you do. That was my first forum. I spent a lot of time there but my time has become less and less. So I post here being a regional forum and a local dive forum mostly. As you can see I have put a lot of time in here.

The .50 has been awesome since I found a load it likes. It worked great with "book" loads when it was "stock". I added a MB shortly after the pic above and was totally wroth it. The recoil is now almost straight back vs lots of muzzle climb. It is still a beast for recoil. I do know I had increase my load quite a bit to get it to cycle well after the MB was added. I am don't have my book in front of me but I think I am up almost 1gr. The factory loads (200+) I got with the gun have functioned 100% but at retail of $2/rd I would rather save those and shoot my reloads.

I know you are talking about AR being the .44 and .357 but the .50 AE is not a rimmed round so I am not sure about your comment.

I have been trying to talk myself into one of these for a few years, but it always seems like there is something I want more.

Guess I will have to keep it on the list and maybe try for next years tax return.

I had a .50AE in polished nickel. It was a beast to fire even after I had it Magnaported. I also did not like when it would eject the casings at my forehead. Those casings are pretty heavy as casings go. It was fun to shoot and show off but was not very practical. It was pretty cool in seeing how it bum slapped my steel plates off the hangers. One less item on the bucket list... :)

th_celDE50AE.jpg

Here is a vid link of my DE50 after Magna-Porting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EYfGsXTb7vY

07-16-07032_zps7368e767.jpg

There a rediculous pistol. I have always wanted the Gold tiger stripe. I settled on the titainium (TCN) finish. Never had a jam or a case eject at my head so far, but I've only shot about 250 rounds out of her. Just took the brother in law from Texas out to TCGC last week. Heres my ugly mug. Note the slide going into battery when I set her down haha. Very accurate pistol.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2hYWMt5SZs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I also have a strange desire for something like a Desert Eagle. A high power, large bore handgun with relative light recoil due to the size and weight of the gun! I think .44mag would be ideal.
Just not going to spend a grand or more for something as impractical as a DE.

Popped into Sportsman's yesterday and they had a DE in .50 AE, think it was $1300.00. Finally got to fondle one and got to say that's all I needed! I've got pretty large hands, not chubby but plenty long fingers and such. I couldn't rack the slide, the counter guy could BARELY rack it. I couldn't reach the safety with out changing grip. It was like one of those HUGE guns from the old timey cartoons. It really looked weird in Wifey's hands LOL.

Holy crap, that's off the bucket list!