JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is jamming with almost every round and it is VERY hard to rack the slide all the way- ideas before I take it to the gunsmith?

20221018_133515.jpg 20221018_133314.jpg

Have you tried any other brands/types of ammo? When I had a DE in .44 Magnum, I found some loads ran like a top, while others not as well, and one (name escapes me) that turned it into a manually operated repeater.

I also found the big .44 auto really needed to be kept squeaky clean. I'm not super great about cleaning guns, but I don't neglect them either; but this one really needed to be kept clean and lubed.

Anyway, just some thoughts. Good luck. :)

Disassemble the pistol and check to see if the recoil springs are hanging up.

I have a DE in .50 and don't have trouble racking the slide. BTW, I am a senior citizen- not Arnold Schwarzenegger.

This is jamming with almost every round and it is VERY hard to rack the slide all the way- ideas before I take it to the gunsmith?

View attachment 1294891 View attachment 1294892
I can tell you right now you need hot .357 magnum loads to get a Desert Eagle .357 to cycle.
This is pretty much a handloaders/reloaders pistol as you typically need buffalo bore level loads to cycle the action or idealy handload with a slow burning powder.(Desert Eagle Gas system works better that way)

Gunsmith will tell you the same thing I just did.
Which is why when I got one it was in .50 AE, none of the problems the .357 and .44 mags have with off the shelf ammo.(it does cost 2x-3x per cartridge though, which is why I sold it)

View attachment 1294891 View attachment 1294892
Have you lubricated the gun well? I was shooting some Blazer & my Desert Eagle 44Mag locked up tight. The range guys put it into a padded vise & got the shell extracted but the next shot locked it up too. Desert Eagles don't do well with dirty ammo

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top