JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's going to be a wild 2020 ride, expect legislation to be forced through at 2:00 am, as is typical of Democrats, doing things undercover and in secret.

legislators should be held to financial issues, as the short session says. No for new civil liberties infringement. Perhaps Salem needs a house cleaning...

Leave nature and my guns alone.

Stop tryin to jack rates because it reduces supposed smog from the inner city, but acknowledging that it'll raise the cost of living.

Your meme of $15 an hour is already slowly crawling to reality anyways. Reminder this year July 1st 2020 it'll be $13.25.

I hope the Reps go AWOL!

As for the D-bags going for guns, if shes been at it for 20 years I think they need to find someone new and effective. Otherwise keep supporting the local chapters against it and writing senators etc etc.

Imagine my suprise! VA is a testing grounds to see what they can get away with and cram down our throats.

My question is why in the name of Zeus' butthole hasn't Polk county became a 2A sanctuary yet?

I don't know why but that particular law never bothered me because chances are I don't want to go anywhere they'd want to be anyway. BUT ... they always try to make their laws apply to a perimeter. As in I'm driving down the street and I pass through one of their "gun free zones." I don't think so. Leave me and my car out of it. I will move to and from where I need to go as I please and I'll have my firearm with me. If you don't want me on your property, well I won't hassle you about it.

I'd be curious what a "gun required zone" would look like. Property you can't enter without a firearm. I want to push for this just to see the looks on certain people's faces. :eek::eek::confused::confused:

How can they prove the cable lock or triger lock wasnt tamperd with after it was stolen, this law seems un enforceable unless were going with guilty until proven innocent.

More confirmation that this is coming. Start writing your representatives, sheriffs, ...

Oregon and Washington have been Californiated. Soon Nevada Arizona and Idaho.

Oregon has been a "shall-issue" state for over 30 years.

There are currently over 277,000 active conceal carry permits in Oregon. 16 states require no permit at all to conceal carry.

In 30 years of Oregon conceal carry, has there been any, repeat any problems with it in this state that don't equate to a statistical zero? The hoplophobe Ginny Burdick has absolutely zero factual evidence that anything needs to change. Her only defense of the proposed legislation:
In many school districts that you talk to, people who have experience with parents coming to their parent teacher conferences, packing heat, they don't like that.
Legislation driven by nothing more than fear and loathing of guns and gun owners. What a disgrace.

Well I don't like her smug attitude and bull-dyke haircut so I guess we're even!
She is very 'pleasant' sounding in person in front of an audience. A "I just have good intentions" attitude. But she is actually terrified of us. More than once, I've seen her literately leave an event in a panic because she thought someone sitting peacefully (with an OFF hat) was some sort of trouble for her.

I even have an audio link to a 2007 Washington State testimonial she gave about her 2000"gun show loophole" ballot initiative. She was asked to talk about it, and if it was working. All she could do was pontificate about the challenges of passing it because all the data showed it either did nothing, or could be construed as having a negative effect. She also refereed to rural Oregon as "the belly of the beast". That's how she views gun owners; as something/someone to be feared and controlled.

Her bill is basically legalizing discrimination against a class of people based on perceived and prejudiced fears.

If politicians like her were to describe gang violence in Portland, and take the same "common sense" approaches, they would call it "black violence" and we would see all sorts of similar discriminatory laws against an entire community of people based simply on fear and imagination.

What Burdick is promoting would basically be legalizing what happened to one of her party members in 2018. Note: to be clear, I am not accusing gun-control activists like Burdick to be racists (history of gun-control is another topic). But rather people like her are succumbing to the same basic fears that drove implementation of discriminatory laws that treated whole communities with suspicion and contempt bases on the criminal actions of a very tiny few, or people not even from that community.

I think one of our strategies is to demand where the OREGON data is that proves concealed carriers are a menace. Michigan state is one that keeps track of crimes committed by concealed carriers. I am aware that at least one other state (Pennsylvania?) does as well. Analysis of crimes committed by concealed carriers in those states showed they are fare more law abiding than the general public, on par with police.

So where is the data to back up her discriminatory views that setting up a hodgepodge network of "no go zones". And turning people like us into criminals just for upsetting a public building managers imagination and sensibilities? What's next? Separate bathrooms and entrances?

Jenny B had a dream and it's to have the USA under the thumb of Japanese style gun laws:

Edit: Personally I would rather live with gun crime then live like that.

Heres another good read on the history of arms/people control in Japan. It starts with the same basics as the article you linked. But then goes behind Japans historical reasons and culture.

Jenny B had a dream and it's to have the USA under the thumb of Japanese style gun laws:

Edit: Personally I would rather live with gun crime then live like that.

It cracks me up that they want the draconian gun laws of Japan or Singapore, but without providing the ultra low crime rate. Instead they turn every city/state they are in charge of into a dystopian hell-hole and then strive to take away the means of law abiding citizens to defend themselves.

I mean heck, I've been to Singapore a couple times, doubt I would even bother carrying there most of the time even if it was allowed.

Regardless they ain't getting jack crap from me and I'll hold onto what I got until I get my land in Wyoming or South Dakota and let some dumbass Californian or Chinese paying cash buy my house for $100k more than I paid for it two years ago and never look back.......

Maybe I should list it now before the Coronavirus kills off all my potential buyers?!?!

So are concealed carry license holders the boogeyman that the sponsors of Senate Bill 1538 think we are?
Are we really what they should be fearing, or are they just enabling local areas to create a chess-board of laws where walking left, instead of right, will give people criminal records for no other reason than offending someones fears and imagination.

What exactly does this bill allow us to do, other than legalize discrimination against a segment of society that tries to go the extra mile to follow the law?

What are the concealed carry rate holders actual crime rate, and as measured against the general public (and our own police force)?

please share what you find here.

Edit: here's one source to start with.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews