JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Happy Friday evening.

Thought it was worth giving a heads-up:
Senate Democratic Leader Ginny Burdick, D-Portland, said the Legislature also will take up a pair of gun safety measures, one on safe gun storage and another on allowing local governments to decide if guns should be allowed on their grounds.

Imagine my suprise! VA is a testing grounds to see what they can get away with and cram down our throats.

My question is why in the name of Zeus' butthole hasn't Polk county became a 2A sanctuary yet?

5F4F814E-CC41-4C6B-BF8B-6E42D69E68FF.gif

Probably because of too many Anti's in Monmouth, Independence & West Salem.

Similar to Jackson County. Too many Antis in some communities, Ashland & Jacksonville in particular. Sadly.

Regardless they ain't getting jack crap from me and I'll hold onto what I got until I get my land in Wyoming or South Dakota and let some dumbass Californian or Chinese paying cash buy my house for $100k more than I paid for it two years ago and never look back.......

Why is this harmful legislation being considered? Because Oregon Senate Democratic Leader Ginny Burdick believes "parents coming to parent teacher conferences with loaded guns is not conducive to a healthy education environment." her quote at time 3:37 from this interview

I guess that's why I am home schooling my daughter personally so she doesn't have to be around all those icky gun toting parents other than her own dad and grandpa and other upstanding members of society who have you know, have religion and careers and other non-pc things us hillbillies have.

Why is this harmful legislation being considered? Because Oregon Senate Democratic Leader Ginny Burdick believes "parents coming to parent teacher conferences with loaded guns is not conducive to a healthy education environment." her quote at time 3:37 from this interview
Wait, I shouldn't be packin' when I meet with my child's teacher at school? Why in he!! Not? They suddenly sprout armed security? Metal detectors?
Yea, I thought not. Provide me a guaranteed secure environment, that bad guys can't get into and I'll consider attending unarmed.

In my best Forrest Gump voice,

On second thought, I'll take care of my own personal security, Ginny....

Wait, I shouldn't be packin' when I meet with my child's teacher at school? Why in he!! Not? They suddenly sprout armed security? Metal detectors?
Yea, I thought not. Provide me a guaranteed secure environment, that bad guys can't get into and I'll consider attending unarmed.

In my best Forrest Gump voice,

On second thought, I'll take care of my own personal security, Ginny....

THIS!

We need our allies to submit amendments requiring those governments and businesses who post "Gun Free Zones" to also provide weapons screening, metal detectors and armed security to walk you back to your vehicle OR be held strictly liable for any injuries caused to disarmed visitors.

Ginny Burdick believes "parents coming to parent teacher conferences with loaded guns is not conducive to a healthy education environment."
Alright then, dingy... introduce a bill to that effect. That's kinda what you're there for, ain't it?
Quit passing off your responsibilities to other agencies and lesser bodies and do it yourself!

Parent/teacher conferences are not an "education environment" just because they happen at a school. Students do not attend these and, as an adult, I've never encountered one of my kids' teachers who could educate me on anything... they relay information, sometimes useful, about the kids' academic progress, not my own. I'll add that not a single one of them were wise to the fact that I was armed.

It seems Ginny needs to spend some time in an educational environment and brush-up on some civics. Maybe get a refresher course in what her job responsibilities entail and what her role is as an elected representative. Here's a hint: it does NOT involve telling me what is and isn't good for me or my family.

Last Edited:
Alright then, dingy... introduce a bill to that effect. That's kinda what you're there for, ain't it?
Quit passing off your responsibilities to other agencies and lesser bodies and do it yourself!
She did last year and it got rolled into the huge **** all gun owners SB987 which we were only saved from by the Republicans leaving the State!!!

This is what it looked like:

LOCAL AUTHORITY TO REGULATE FIREARMS IN PUBLIC BUILDINGS
SECTION 25. (1) A city, a county, a metropolitan service district organized under ORS
chapter 268, or a port operating a commercial service airport with at least 2 million passenger
boardings per calendar year may adopt an ordinance limiting or precluding the use of the
affirmative defense described in ORS 166.370 (3)(g) concerning the possession of firearms in
public buildings, within each entity's respective jurisdiction, by persons licensed to carry a
concealed handgun under ORS 166.291 and 166.292.

(2) A school district, college or university may adopt a policy limiting or precluding the
use of the affirmative defense described in ORS 166.370 (3)(g) concerning the possession of
firearms in public buildings by persons licensed to carry a concealed handgun under ORS
166.291 and 166.292.

(3) An entity that adopts an ordinance or policy under this section shall post a sign,
visible to the public, identifying all locations where the affirmative defense described in ORS
166.370 (3)(g) is limited or precluded.

(4) As used in this section, "public building" has the meaning given that term in ORS

(9) "Public building" means:
(a)(A) A hospital[,];
(B) A capitol building[,];
(C) A public or private school, as defined in ORS 339.315[,];
(D) A college or university[,];
(E) A city hall; [or]
(F) The residence of any state official elected by the state at large, [and the grounds adjacent
to each such building.] if the residence is owned by the state; or
(G) The [term also includes that] portion of any other building owned, occupied or controlled
by an agency of the state or a municipal corporation, as defined in ORS 297.405, other than a court
facility[.];
(b) The grounds, other than a parking area, adjacent to a building described in paragraph
(a) of this subsection;
(c) Real property owned by a college or university; or
(d) The passenger terminal, and grounds adjacent to the passenger terminal, of a commercial
service airport that has at least 1 million passenger boardings per calendar year.
(10) "Weapon" means:
(a) A firearm;
(b) Any dirk, dagger, ice pick, slingshot, metal knuckles or any similar instrument or a knife,
other than an ordinary pocketknife with a blade less than four inches in length, the use of which
could inflict injury upon a person or property;
(c) Mace, tear gas, pepper mace or any similar deleterious agent as defined in ORS 163.211;
(d) An electrical stun gun or any similar instrument;
(e) A tear gas weapon as defined in ORS 163.211;
(f) A club, bat, baton, billy club, bludgeon, knobkerrie, nunchaku, nightstick, truncheon or any
similar instrument, the use of which could inflict injury upon a person or property; or
(g) A dangerous or deadly weapon as those terms are defined in ORS 161.015.

SECTION 27. ORS 166.370 is amended to read:
166.370. (1) Any person who intentionally possesses a loaded or unloaded firearm or any other
instrument used as a dangerous weapon, while in or on a public building, shall upon conviction be
guilty of a Class C felony.

More confirmation that this is coming. Start writing your representatives, sheriffs, ...
Burdick, who revealed that she is sponsoring a gun control bill ...

Buerdick said her bill would allow local governments to have completely gun free zones if they choose.

"In many school districts that you talk to, people who have experience with parents coming to their parent teacher conferences, packing heat, they don't like that. And they would like their schools to be gun free. The bill would simply give local governments the option," Burdick said.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top