JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I ran into this terribly sad story: Teen kills mailman who Maced him to break up fight with mom, New Mexico cops say

A mailman stepped into a fight between a 17yo who was beating his mother, maced the attacker who then went into his house, got a gun, and killed the mailman.

I read that. It really sucks. But you gotta figure any piece of trash who is willing to attack his own mother, isn't going to give a crap about hurting you.

It's a hell of a situation. I gotta figure most of us would try to break something like this up...a kid going after his mom. But you really have to be careful...and prepared.

But you gotta figure any piece of trash who is willing to attack his own mother, isn't going to give a crap about hurting you
Same reason that LEO's don't go alone to DV calls. You stop the fight and they'll often attack you, so sad for his family.

From the article:
{Zamora has "an extensive violent criminal history,"}
17 and already showing he was a waste of air, now he hit the big time. Great, he will have all kinds of defenders saying he was really a good boy and such. Sadly now tax payers get to support him a good while. If he does not manage to get himself killed in prison he will still be a young man when they let him go. Smart money is he will soon be arrested yet again and start the whole thing over.

Ya know, one time, I got real mad at my mom, because she know how to push my buttons. We were in the feed shed pouring chicken food, and I raised up the knife I was using to open bags and yelled at her. Wasn't trying or going to hurt her, it was instinct.

My mom did a perfect karate punch square in my solor plexus, nocking me out the door and on my bubblegum. My dad came home and told me if it ever happened again he would throw me in the septic tank and close the lid.

I was mostly a good kid after that. Sometimes kids need strong parents and a tough father figure!

From the article:
17 and already showing he was a waste of air, now he hit the big time. Great, he will have all kinds of defenders saying he was really a good boy and such. Sadly now tax payers get to support him a good while. If he does not manage to get himself killed in prison he will still be a young man when they let him go. Smart money is he will soon be arrested yet again and start the whole thing over.

Lars Larsen was saying (if I have this right) there is a law being pushed in the Legislature that would get rid of the portion of Measure 11 that allows 17yr olds to be tried as adults. Thereby allowing murderers like this to be held no longer than 8 years since they would be released at age 25. :mad::mad::mad:

3rd party interventions are risky! You never know what exactly is going on, or how people will react. Sometimes there are additional offenders nearby, sometimes there are hidden weapons.

Best advice is to decide ahead of time what situations you are willing to step into. There is no legal obligation, and one's family does come first. For me, I won't let certain types of victims to go unassisted. That's how I roll. But I understand and accept the risk involved.

Maybe it's time to start again as he is a waste of flesh in this life. Game over better luck next time around. I strongly believe in capital punishment for this type of individual.

Being obvious about calling the police can de-escalate a lot of situations like this...

I wasn't there though and can not honestly say I'd stand by and watch a female get beat on.

If I stepped in though I can guarantee I wouldn't get off the kid till the cops showed up.

Then I'd put in for an immediate change of route.

Hindsight and all that... to bad this ended like it did.

Being obvious about calling the police can de-escalate a lot of situations like this...

I wasn't there though and can not honestly say I'd stand by and watch a female get beat on.

If I stepped in though I can guarantee I wouldn't get off the kid till the cops showed up.

Then I'd put in for an immediate change of route.

Hindsight and all that... to bad this ended like it did.

This is exactly the problem with stepping in to help some stranger like this. VERY sad. Hard to say what I would do in the same. It would be VERY hard to just walk away and ignore the POS beating on the woman.

My wife has to deal with this stuff from time to time at work and gets a lot of training on it, so I trust her but you know, alpha male and all... I've seen her whup some butt a few times in our life together so I know she can handle herself and she is surprisingly strong.

Happened to us one day as we left the gym. A dude and chick were screaming at each other on the far side of the parking lot (obviously homeless) and the guy kept walking away but She knew how to push his buttons so he kept returning very angry.

He never swung at her but she shoved him a few times. I stopped the car (thankfully it was my wife's and not mine that's there during the week) to keep an eye on stuff and called 911 to report it.

Before I could stop her my wife hopped out of the car and hollered 'Hey!', without leaving the doorway of her truck.

That was enough to get them walking down the road about 20 feet apart.

I gave 911 their discription and then told my wife not to ever do that again and to let me step in if needed.

I wish she could carry but right now she can't even keep mace in her car. 2 more years and I'm (we are) hoping she can move up after her masters to something a little less in the field and can keep a gun locked in the truck (metal detectors and armed guards at the front of the building she works in so it's a no go for employees).

She has a few ordinary objects to grab if she needs them though.

I recall an incident in the news many moons ago in which a man shot a woman and then did a mag dump on her after she went down.
Under those conditions I would probably help if I could do so quickly enough.
Anything short of deadly assault and I am an extra in this movie or I'm gone. I'm not jumping into a situation that scares the cops, and they have radios, lots more cops for backup, PR-24s, pepper spray, and blanket immunity. I have none of the aforementioned.
Abusing a woman is ignoble and unmanly, but it ain't up to me to right the world's wrongs. If a guy is physically abusing a woman in public I can figure it isn't the 1st time, won't be the last and is none of my business.

I read two of the articles and neither one used the word beat, beating or physical any thing. Maybe I missed that in one of the other links. Just goes to show you there are places you shouldn't step in maybe. Damn sad for dudes family. :(

I recall an incident in the news many moons ago in which a man shot a woman and then did a mag dump on her after she went down.
Under those conditions I would probably help if I could do so quickly enough.
Anything short of deadly assault and I am an extra in this movie or I'm gone. I'm not jumping into a situation that scares the cops, and they have radios, lots more cops for backup, PR-24s, pepper spray, and blanket immunity. I have none of the aforementioned.
Abusing a woman is ignoble and unmanly, but it ain't up to me to right the world's wrongs. If a guy is physically abusing a woman in public I can figure it isn't the 1st time, won't be the last and is none of my business.

I agree with most of this, especially the bolded part, but I would call the police which is sort of making it my business. Other than that though, there's an incredible amount of downside, not the least of which is related to the victim who may well turn on you, physically or legally. There was a follow up story about some guy, I think in Spokane, who intervened and it caused him a ton of expense and legal problems. I think the story was linked to on this site but I don't remember enough details to find it.

From the article:
Might be worth watching this to see if the Feds go after him. Killing a US Postal Service employee while he is on the clock might be a federal offense.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top