JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was looking to buy a DW, and started the purchase process through a fraudulent website that looked pretty legit. Called CZ/Dan Wesson and they informed me that they're aware and their legal team is trying to get it squashed, and also they (DW) don't sell directly to the individual consumer.

I'll list the red flag indicator's as best as I can remember them. 1) They responded to my email inquiries much too quickly, like within an hour. 2) Payment method was through BitCoin or Zelle. 3) Their follow-up emails about sending funds were much too enthusiastic.

So be careful!

The first and only drop dead giveaway should have been: selling a firearm direct.

That's either a scam or a glowie…there's a 0% chance that'll ever be legit.

SCREAMS Fake.
No DW history.
No DW company info.
No address.
No pic of the "store"
No link to the factory.
No phone - not even a 1-900 and ask for "Trixie"
No BBB posted.
No testimonials.
Untraceable payment only.
Unlawful to buy online.
No list of receiving FFL dealers.
etc.
etc.
etc.
Oh, and the "in stock" revolvers have been out of production for some time.

Other than that, looks pretty good.

All Dan Wesson has to do is have their IT person locate the web host of the fake site and it should be taken down muy rapido.

Last Edited:
I found a similar type of site for Springfield Armory. The fact that they claimed to have the gun I was looking for and hardly any other retailers had it, and their price was lower than everyone else made me suspect. Then I saw the bitcoin option for purchase, and no address, no phone number, etc.

I made up a fake order (why not?) on the fake site and noted that only upon checkout was there any mention of an FFL in the process. But - and here's the rub - it asked for an FFL in the UK - indicating that these are most likely Indian scammers living in London or thereabouts.
And, if you choose to pay with normally safe Zelle, they would send you "special instructions" on how to use it - which means they would take your money and deposit it into some scam victim's legit account, then probably through several other legit accounts and finally into their own.
गंदे कमीने (refers to their cleanliness and the marital status of their parents at conception.

I made up a fake order (why not?) on the fake site and noted that only upon checkout was there any mention of an FFL in the process. But - and here's the rub - it asked for an FFL in the UK - indicating that these are most likely Indian scammers living in London or thereabouts.
And, if you choose to pay with normally safe Zelle, they would send you "special instructions" on how to use it - which means they would take your money and deposit it into some scam victim's legit account, then probably through several other legit accounts and finally into their own.
गंदे कमीने (refers to their cleanliness and the marital status of their parents at conception.
I found a list of Hindi insults and sent them...

"तेरी माँ का साकी नाका (te-ree maa kaa saa-kee naa-kaa) - I don't actually know what this means, but if you say this to me, I will kill your family. It is one of the worst swears I know.

Sadly, fake websites are all too common - VA, IRS, medical insurance and DMV just off the top of my head. A really ugly one is the bogus WorkSource (employment/unemployment) site, which, like the real entity, requires your SSN to process claims. In my ideal fantasy world, there would be a special torture chamber reserved for any soulless oxygen bandits caught doing that stuff.

Sadly, fake websites are all too common - VA, IRS, medical insurance and DMV just off the top of my head.
And their continued existence is supported by those people who don't check things out. The shearers and their sheep. These scams have to work part of the time or they wouldn't be going on.

And their continued existence is supported by those people who don't check things out. The shearers and their sheep. These scams have to work part of the time or they wouldn't be going on.
That's right, they absolutely work. Mrs. Teflon spends part of every week at work trying to help people who can't tell (or admit) they're being scammed.

Last Edited:
Same thing this week with another site called classicammunitionstore.com. Same payment options. Same b.s. Checked the atf site for an ffl for them and a no go on that. Called the atf field office had a talk with them. They listed an address in boston. More info in the post I put up here. Maybe we should start a sub forum on scam sites.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top