JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys. I'm relatively new to the Seattle area (been here a year, moved from Austin). I got started shooting in Austin dabbling with AR-15s back in 2009 or so. Naturally, this turned into building my own / tuning them / generally dumping way too much money into them. The fruits of my efforts there are a target-style AR-15 with a fixed buttstock and a 24" bull barrel in .223 wylde, as well as a nothing-fancy .300 BLK build (which, sadly, because I live in WA, can't be an SBR).

Since then I've started moving into marksmanship. I can shoot consistently decent groups at 250m, and want to start moving up to 500m+. I picked up a Ruger gunsite scout a while back for fun, but as it's not much in the way of precision, I'm pondering picking up a R700 / T3 / winchester m70 in something like .308 / .300 WM / .30-06. PM me if you have stories / opinions / suggestions here. Basically I'm looking for a solid platform to work up from.

I guess my biggest question as a new member to this area is - what's the deal with outdoor shooting here? If I wanted to find a good spot to camp / set up targets at 500m in WA state, how would I go about it and what are the rules? They're generally pretty lax in Texas, but...yeah, Texas. I took a look at the shooting area map, but it seems mostly shooting pits and private ranges. I guess I'm looking for something a little different, but if there are private ranges around here with reasonable membership fees and 1000m ranges, I'd definitely consider it.

Looking forward to interacting with you guys.

Welcome - I lived in Texas for a year and a half. Still have a business there, and like to visit. Love Austin!

I'm sure you will find info on where to shoot your tack driver. Tons of resources here.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top