JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've got a TBAC .22 Takedown in jail right now and since I'm going to be waiting awhile I figured I might as well get a 30 cal can also and be done with it. This would be a do it all can for now as I will probably buy more in the future. I've got a bolt action 6.5 Creedmoor, 5.56 AR and a 300blk pistol that it'll bounce between. Sound suppression is most important with weight and durability being considered as well. For those of you that own or have used any of the two listed above your personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.

My dead air nomad L is really effing quiet with subs on my 300blk ar pistol. The only thing you hear is the action cycling. It is long but not heavy. I'm running a 10" barrel.

I own a TBAC Ultra 7 and have a Nomad LT in jail and trigger time with a standard DA Nomad. There is no bad choice with your options. 5.56 is going to be loud regardless of your choice, just the nature of the beast. The new TBAC Ultra Gen2's and Dominus are getting excellent#'s. All the Nomad's put up great numbers. I am talking about numbers and those numbers I am referring to are over at Pew Science. Lots of good info can be found there without having to pay for the membership.

Based on the info you provided I would suggest you make your decision on size/weight/attachment system. The can options mentioned are going to be very similar in sound suppression if you are comparing TBAC's and Dead Airs like for like models, i.e. Nomad LT to TBAC Ultra 9 Gen 2 or Nomad TI to Ultra 7 Gen 2 etc...

If you go TBAC you are limited to their proprietary CB mounting system, SR system or direct thread. The DA Nomad line gets you standard 1.375x24 threads and opens up almost any mounting solution on the market. Since I already have CB brakes on some guns, mainly hunting rifles I will probably get another TBAC can. I will however be getting more Nomads, specifically the Nomad TI for two reasons, how well the Nomad TI meters for its size/weight and the ability to run my preferred attachment system of Plan B can adapters and muzzle devices.

Again, you have no bad choices under consideration in my opinion for your use case.

I own TBAC Ultra 9 and Ultra 7. I am very happy with both. In mostly unscientific testing, I feel that I gained a little accuracy and a few fps. I started with the 9 and later added the 7. In hindsight, the 7 is way to go. Very hard to tell the difference in sound and much more compact.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top