JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Amazing story and excellent photography. Stunning. Your grandfather seems like a great man and we all owe him our gratitude. The photo in space was amazing as well, btw.

Very, very cool. I'm glad you shared this.

Bob

Our Grandfather and his journey to the beaches at Normandy (55 HQ Photos)
http://thechive.com/2014/06/06/our-...rney-to-the-beaches-at-normandy-55-hq-photos/

I thought this was cool too. Tells the story with pictures of a merchant marine's story and going back to nomandy

I saw a follow up to that and it said he took that bottles of sand he collected back to a hospital and gave it to some Vets that stormed those beaches. He wasn't collecting it for himself.

Truely amazing that a lot of these guys were only about 19 years old.

It's rare you find people that did this and i've met a couple of them and it always thrills me to talk to them. I listen and looking amazement. These guys are the men of men. The greatest generation and it's fading fast.

Years ago I worked with a couple of WWII vets, hometown pals who ended up in the same unit for the entire war. Over a lot of lunch hours I got them to tell me a little, though like all real heroes they were fairly shy and reluctant to bring much of it up. They were still grumpy about going an entire four years without a single leave! They were also still in awe that they had even survived. They admitted that they had landed on D Day. Other than that they always refused to talk about that day.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top