JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I traded one of my basically new glock 26's for a like new cz p07 yesterday, the night sights are super dim, not sure if thats normal, and so far one of my main questions with the pistol is whether to carry it with the hammer half cocked or sitting all the way down, im new to the da/sa thing, also any suggestions on accesories or mods would be appreciated.

Congrats, welcome to the CZ club. The sights, if original are not really night sights, but are photo-luminescent, which means they bhave to be charged with light for awhile, then will glow for a bit. There are a number of traditional night sights available for it. I carry with it decocked, not quite as long a throw with the first pull as the hammer all the way down would be. A safety should have been included with the gun and can easily be changed out if you are a "cocked and locked" guy. You are going to love this pistol. :)

No im not a cocked and locked guy, i got the da/sa because i didnt like carrying striker chambered, feel more comfortable carrying this style chambered, not sure if de cocked is better or hammer all the way forward

A couple of the parts are considered questionable from the factory, the trigger return spring and the firing pin retaining pin. Better quality replacements are available from Cajun Gun Works. The triggers are usually pretty good out of the box, and will get better with use, but that process can be speeded up by detail stripping and polishing the internals, lots of tutorials online, check out The Original CZ forum for more info. If just polishing does't get you what you want, there are lots of upgrades available from CGW, but the price can add up quickly. I did the Pro Package on another CZ I have, a 97 BD, the results were amazing and well worth it IMO, but it was almost $300 to get there, so maybe more than a lot of folks are willing to spend, but just replacing the hammer can make a big difference. Oh, and if you don't like the grip, Talon Grips has a fix. Later, and enjoy.

Dave

No im not a cocked and locked guy, i got the da/sa because i didnt like carrying striker chambered, feel more comfortable carrying this style chambered, not sure if de cocked is better or hammer all the way forward

You've got a decocker, use it, the only thing you "gain" by putting the hammer all the way down is a longer DA pull, and an increased risk of an AD/ND, especially as you have to start from full cock to manually decock the pistol. Why have a decocker if you're going to insist on defeating the purpose of it in the first place o_O? Later.

Dave

The longer pull is why i went DA/SA, i prefer that carrying with a round chambered, i guess what i was after was suggestions on whether de cocked or all the way forward was safer.

CZs decock automatically to the half-cock position. It's perfectly safe since the firing pin safety remains engaged at this position. Plus the reduction in DA trigger pull distance makes the first shot easier while still providing plenty of extra adequate trigger resistance to prevent any accidental discharge. Lowering it down manually to the full uncocked position on a loaded chamber will require you to pull the trigger to the point the firing pin safety is disengaged. If you don't do it exactly right, you can discharge the weapon. In other words, the half-cock position is the safest way to carry it. Don't overthink it. It decocks to that position for all the right reasons.

Last Edited: