JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just received my Christmas gift to myself, a custom blade from our very own Chris @2Wheels4Ever
I ordered only 2-3 weeks ago, and he kept me updated with emails and pictures all throughout the build process.
And I've got to say, it turned out perfectly! I told him I wanted a camp knife, nice enough to be proud of, but not so museum-worthy that I'd be hesitant to use it. It needed to be tough yet classy, with the ability to age well and get better looking with hard use.
He delivered... in spades.
Great blade, perfect size for my purposes, he made a terrific sheath, and the whole thing shipped to me in a rustic wooden box that he includes.
I couldn't be happier with the quality of work, the great customer care, and the final result.
Kudos to Chris at Iron Ridge Outdoors (check out his YouTube's to nerd out on knife making!).

39B18B69-0E18-43F1-BDDC-0EC704F0CA89.jpeg BAB5CB73-CD84-4639-878F-7B69EB397A79.jpeg 23336A00-7D55-4A4B-BD9F-DAC0C7BF7CD3.jpeg

Last Edited:
It's a beauty. Is that zebra wood?

I've bought three of Chris's knives and wound up gifting two to friends. But I have a blacksmiths knife he made for me and that one ain't going anywhere.

It's a beauty. Is that zebra wood?

I've bought three of Chris's knives and wound up gifting two to friends. But I have a blacksmiths knife he made for me and that one ain't going anywhere.

Its Bocote wood.
Per Chris, it darkens naturally over time. It's oily and dense so it doesn't take a stain well...he treats it with a few coats of boiled linseed oil, and a wax finish.
You must have a couple of happy (and good) friends.

Last Edited:
BEAUTIFUL knife and sheath!

I adore fixed blade knives and I know that I am repeating myself here. Grin.

Thank you for sharing!

Cate

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews