JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would. You rarely see them at this price anymore in really clean shape. Did you get a chance to see the serial number? The value increases somewhat with lower numbers. I had a four digit years ago which I sold because it had cable wear on the inside of the trigger housing, other wise it was in nice shape. One of those I regret selling. I believe it had 1/12 rifling and was 1964 or 65 production.

I'm wondering what the appeal of this model is? To me it looks like an old school AR15 for a bunch of money. Is the appeal in the value? Nostalgia?

It's a Colt, it's cool and well built. I found mine hidden for years under a waterbed frame, mint in box.
My late friends widow said take it home after I told her I found it while replacing the carpet in the bedroom.

ar-15 colt 001.JPG

I'm wondering what the appeal of this model is? To me it looks like an old school AR15 for a bunch of money. Is the appeal in the value? Nostalgia?
It's a roll mark that has a large "fan boy" following. Cool history. Still just an AR15….

Just opinion but from a collectors point of view a pre CZ Colt will gain in value. A grand old American company run into the ground and sold to foreign interest means nostalgic collectors will want the older guns. :s0093:

Any of you want the store location, PM me .

I have to go back in a while and pick up the pistol I was there buying.

My current plan is to lowball it if it's on the shelf when I return. The heavy bbl isn't a deal breaker, but it will lower the price (I believe)

Heavy bbl is a deal breaker for me, though, at that price I'd not likely be interested. Assume the lower is full fence?

Heavy bbl is a deal breaker for me, though, at that price I'd not likely be interested. Assume the lower is full fence?
I should have snapped a couple pics.

Everything but the barrel was uniform in color and matte finish. Definitely colt sp1 marked . Definitely no forward assist . Regular carry handle. Not messed with other than A2 barrel.

I should have snapped a couple pics.

Everything but the barrel was uniform in color and matte finish. Definitely colt sp1 marked . Definitely no forward assist . Regular carry handle. Not messed with other than A2 barrel.
I'm cheap but I got real lucky on a SP1 carbine upper in fantastic condition for under $300. All it was missing was the hand guard. I'm a BIG fan of pencil barrels and A1 recievers.

I did a NoDak Spud build years and years ago, turned out every it as good as the real thing as far as I'm concerned! Added the correct Colt lower and pencil barrel with tapered flash hider!

It's a roll mark that has a large "fan boy" following. Cool history. Still just an AR15….
It's because it is thee "AR15" If it does not say Ar15 it is just a clone. And it is the first Ar15 to hit the civilian market. They are lightweight, accurate, and simple. No rails and gizmos and junk to make it go to 11. :cool:

Very true.

But... if you told me 10 years ago to stop trading/selling mosins for under $100 , I would have laughed.

Not so funny Meow , is it?
Agreed. If I could buy one, knowing I could flip it for decent profit I totally would. I wouldn't be buying it to keep for myself. I prefer Anderson to Colt. Hahaha.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top