JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
1ST time going there,shot the cowboy match at ARPC,Then hit the show.Only had 2 hours before closing,and just barely made it to the last row in time.I had no idea they put on such a great show !
picked up my 1st ever marlin model 60 with scope,used but extra clean looing,for 110.00 OTD.
One fella mentioned that the Lion's put one on in Jan? he said was really good also.
note to self; take more money next time.:cool:

Do gun shows have big enough discounts and variety to make them worth travelling too or is it just a larger gun store? Buying firearms second hand tends to get my blood boiling. Someone buys a pistol for 500 bucks, shoots 400 rounds through it, wears it everyday for a year and drops it 30 times then slaps a price tag of 485 on it because it comes with an extra mag and some cheap Russian ammo! Gimme a break nothing beats opening up ANYTHING but especially a gun brand new

Did someone recently complain about a price you had on something, or do your dockers tend to get tight whenever a chance to argue arises?

The contemporary gun manufacturers have done their work well. Many people these days are OK with stained ash stocks with stamped checkering, stamped sheet metal parts, plastic or pot metal bottom hardware, and matte finishes on barrels and receivers. I recently paid the same price for a used Marlin 336C as Bi-Mart was asking for a new one, and I was thrilled to do so. I got a high gloss, deep finish bluing job, walnut stocks, hand cut checkering, and all steel billet parts, none of which would be present on a new rifle of the same make and model.

The prices can be a little high at the shows but every once in a while you find a great deal.Plus you always get to see a ton of cool stuff you won't see at a normal gun store.
And I haven't ever met a seller who wasn't a horse trader,so you can always work on the prices
The guys this weekend weren't selling much

But our 3 shows up here are fun.All the locals come buy.Great way to meet other local shooters.

Oh the accessories!! There isn't or I should say I have never seen any store that carries as many accessories as you will see at a show

There's another Albany show put on by Wes Knodel November 5-6.
I'll be there, that alone should drive attendance down!
Looking forward to seeing a new venue.

Gun show prices are "Suggested" from what I've found. If I can't get a price I like I move on. Besides think of the gas you save by having a bunch of gun stores all under one roof.

I'm sure they figure people will haggle so there is some wiggle room on the prices. If someone doesn't, they just make more money.

maybe, I was at one in Portland a while back, and I asked a few if they were firm on the price, and most of them gave me this sarcastic" yeah I can move the price, up"..
Probably cause Im young. but its still kinda dumb

Don't ask if they are firm, just offer less and watch their expression and what line they feed ya. Easy enough to read.
Bottom line (still making some money) is generally below the sticker price.

for what it's worth I heard the show was a slow sell either way for the vendors this weekend.

It was a great show! Ended up walking out with a bolt action .410 that, while I overpaid for it, was exactly what I wanted. After going to the Eugene show a couple weeks earlier, I'll never go to that one again. More expensive, much smaller, terrible selection, total waste of $6. With my NRA discount, the Albany show was only $4 for 2-3 times the size and a fantastic selection.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top