JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey,
Looking for input from some people out there that may have a crossbreed holster. I would like to know whether or not to do the combat cut and whether to go with horse hide or the cowhide? Would like cowhide black I think just because I will be packing a Glock and Black on Black just seems right. But is there a comfort difference with the Horse hide vs. the cowhide.
Any input would be greatly Appreciated!
Thank you,

Horsehide if you sweat a lot or are worried about sweat getting to the gun, also horsehide is a "little" slower breaking in to fit you anatomy (it's slightly tougher).
Either way, the Crossbreed is very comfortable, most time forget you have it on. Can't go wrong with one.

I'm going horse hide on my next one the black dye comes off from reholstering..not that anyone would ever see it IWB. Not sure about the combat cut, but the regular cut works great.

I have the horsehide and find it very comfortable. It took a couple of days to mold to my body, but it felt good from the start and only feels better with time. As far as the combat cut goes, I ordered the regular cut and after doing a full day of quickdraw training I did a custom combat cut. The regular cut made it difficult to get a full grip. The combat cut initially decreased the comfort, but I eventually got used to it. It does give added confidence that I will draw quickly with a ready to fire grip. Crossbreed makes a great holster and is a pleasure to do business with. And no, I have no affiliation with the company other than being a satisfied customer.

Same here, I got cowhide in the normal cut and liked it, but came to the same conclusion, I would rather draw more efficiently than to be more comfortable. It's already the most comfortable holster I own, can go all day with no problems. I carry an XD45C too and they are pretty wide; after my own custom combat cut, It still remains the most comfortable holster I own.

Horsehide, nice and softy feeling. I went combat cut but I usually wear an undershirt tucked in underneath the holster. I don't mind the feel of the butt of the gun too much either. If I had a really abrasive sandpapery grip I might prefer regular cut.

Edit: Horsehide! Meant horsehide. I dunno how my brain wrote cowhide the first time.

Mine came, I LOVE it! It is by far the best pack holster I have ever had. Gonna do a custom combat cut for a more positive grip on the gun, but overall all a huge thumb up!
Thanks for all the input!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads