JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bought a Crossbreed SuperTuck for an HK 45C.

I was a bit shocked at how much play there is when the gun is holstered. The only other hybrid holster I've had was for my Glock 19 from White Hat Holsters. That holster fit my Glock like, well, like the kydex was made for it, because of course it was.

I emailed Crossbreed CS asking if perhaps they'd sent the wrong Kydex but they said "The leather backer that we use will bend to your body, which will push the pistol more into the kydex shell and will tighten the retention of the holster."

It does, a little, but it's still got huge gaps around it. I was expecting a snugger fit. This really looks like the wrong Kydex but Crossbreed says it's correct.

What do you all think? Are my expectations off?

UlxFI56.jpg

kwKKE15.jpg

O9Xh6sd.jpg

Gotta say they sent you something bad. Personally owning lots of CrossBreed stuff including several super tucks, somebody at the factory goofed up. Mine are all very very tight. If you can, ask for the horsehide upgrade WITHOUT the combat cutaway. Also do not forget the many 2 mag magazine holders. Many.

Zombies. :)

Does it tighten up once in the body like the response states?

Yes, just from the pressure but there is still a substantial gap at the top and it's not entirely look. The White Hat gives a satisfying "click" whereas this seems just like pressure between the leather pushing the gun into the kydex.

I don't have any use for Crossbreed or Kydex holsters of any kind, but, this one is incorrect for your pistol no matter if I like the product or not.o_O

I was a bit shocked at how much play there is when the gun is holstered. The only other hybrid holster I've had was for my Glock 19 from White Hat Holsters. That holster fit my Glock like, well, like the kydex was made for it, because of course it was.

I emailed Crossbreed CS asking if perhaps they'd sent the wrong Kydex but they said "The leather backer that we use will bend to your body, which will push the pistol more into the kydex shell and will tighten the retention of the holster."

It does, a little, but it's still got huge gaps around it. I was expecting a snugger fit. This really looks like the wrong Kydex but Crossbreed says it's correct.

View attachment 846638

View attachment 846639

View attachment 846640
My crossbreed for my p365 also had a lot of play but tightened when I wore it. The holster has been good till recently but has developed two cracks, I will be sending it back

That does not look good at all to me. I personally do not like hybrid holsters. I would sell it/return it and get a full kydex holster.

Yes, just from the pressure but there is still a substantial gap at the top and it's not entirely look. The White Hat gives a satisfying "click" whereas this seems just like pressure between the leather pushing the gun into the kydex.
I'd say it is up to you. I wore similar hybrid holsters by another company. They looked loose when not in the person, but held up great when in the person.

I've also hit one before with the wife's hair dryer and molded it a bit more vs having to send it back.

Ultimately, I'd say if you're not happy, ask them to fix it and go from there.

I have ordered Crossbreed holster and they were OK, I wore it at home for a while did yard work and everything before I would wear it outside my home. I did not like the squeaking and so I had to buy some Velcro strips the quiet the squeak down. I have worn an Alien Gear holster for years now and I prefer it myself. I ordered a black leather backing, and ordered a few extra shells so I could carry different side arms. The shell is attached via Allen screws so it just takes me a few minutes swap my shell.

The only down side is I need to check the Allen screws which I do when I take my IWB holster off. Have not had any issues expect the the belt hooks coming loose but they tighten up with an Allen wrench. I bought some replacement rubber lugs, washers, and screws, and an compact set of Allen wrenchs that I carry in my back pack. I have not had to use them yet.

Last Edited:

View attachment 846638

View attachment 846639

View attachment 846640
That holster is not a proper fit for your gun.
Send it back. They will make it right.
Best,
Gary

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR