JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got a CT on order for my XDS, CT says they should have them in stock in the next week.

At that time I'll be adding the XDS-CT to my current holster offerings.:D

I have one on my Sig P238 and really like it. 400 rounds so far -no problems. If they made one for my Ruger SR.22 I would buy it in a second. I have a rail mount with paddle switches on the Ruger now and the Lasergard is far better. Don't have to take time to turn it on.

Jim

I bought the Laserguard (model LG-469) for my XD-S. Initial impressions are good. It fits tightly to the XD-S frame. It was easy to adjust the laser to align with the sights on the XD-S.

I will update this thread after taking the XD-S and the Laserguard to the range.

Peter

I have one on my Sig P238 and really like it. 400 rounds so far -no problems. If they made one for my Ruger SR.22 I would buy it in a second. I have a rail mount with paddle switches on the Ruger now and the Lasergard is far better. Don't have to take time to turn it on.

Jim

Jim,
Did you look at the laser Sig has for the 238? If so, what made you go with the Laserguard?
HB

The only negative I see is finding a decent holster. CT is the best. There are, however, a lot of people complaining about the specific XDS model CT and how it shifts out of alignment - <broken link removed>

I ruined a CT for a g21 by being stupid and stripping the threads, and they sent me a whole new one at no charges - great service.

<broken link removed>

Holsters --

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=xds+ct+holster&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Personally, this is the holster I would buy. The dual hook ones are just to much on a pain to take on and off -

<broken link removed>

Jim,
Did you look at the laser Sig has for the 238? If so, what made you go with the Laserguard?
HB

The Sig laser is a POS compared to the CT. Big negatives for the Sig Laser are: it's overly big and bulky, and the activation buttons are not easy to get to.

The CT is a work of art, connects to the gun seamlessly and is activated but just using your normal grip.

IMHO, the CT is worth the asking price whereas the Sig laser is overpriced.

The Sig laser is a POS compared to the CT. Big negatives for the Sig Laser are: it's overly big and bulky, and the activation buttons are not easy to get to.

The CT is a work of art, connects to the gun seamlessly and is activated but just using your normal grip.

IMHO, the CT is worth the asking price whereas the Sig laser is overpriced.

Roy(?),
Thanks much for the input. I canceled that part of my Sig order just in the nick of time.
I had immediate buyers remorse after placing the order and posted my questions. Love this list!

Another issue that immediately came to mind when I double checked the CT website was the free batteries for life offer. After two battery changes any price difference is moot.
After three changes you'd be in the hole with another brand.

Thanks again,
HB

I've had 2 - one on my LC9 [which was sold], and one on my XD, which I haven't shot yet since installation. I can tell you that on both guns, the fit is great, and the activation is very, very nice. You don't have to think about fingering any switch - just grip your gun.

My XD is my bedside gun in a pistol safe, so I don't have it holstered.

And, similar to Burt, I stripped a screw in mine [all my fault], and was sent replacement parts by CT free of charge. Fantastic customer service, great product. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one.

XD CT.jpg

I never did provide an update, so...

As previously mentioned, I've had the Crimson Trace LG-469 mated to my XDs .45 pistol for a while now.
Amazon.com: Crimson Trace LG-469 Semi-Auto Pistl: Sports & Outdoors

I primarily keep my setup in a Remora "no clip" IWB holster (model 6ART). The XDs and laser fit great in this holster.
Remora Series 6ART Holster (IWB)

At the range...

I primarily carry the XDs with the default, smaller 5-round magazine. I have large hands so my pinkie has nothing to grip in this configuration. Pre laser, I was fooling myself sometimes by placing my left index finger in front of the trigger guard to help steady the XDs. I can no longer do that with the laser and have worked on my grip.

At 10 yards the laser is easy to see, and any shaking is slightly amplified by the distance to the target. At 25 yards the laser can be difficult to see and any shaking is much more pronounced on the target. I don't think this is a problem though since I bought the laser for a more likely situation of a short distance (7 yards or less) and no time to aim with the traditional sights on the slide.

The laser is easy to align (both vertically and horizontally) using the provided allen wrench. I have not had any problems where the laser became misaligned or it stopped working. I have shot 400+ rounds with the laser attached to my XDs.

Overall, I would buy the laser again and I do recommend it for XDs owners in either .45 ACP or 9mm.

Peter

...and one more.

I still REALLY like how the laser is activated simply by gripping the pistol. The pressure switch sits under your middle finger. There is no need to worry about a separate on/off switch. Draw the pistol, grip, and the laser is on.

Peter

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top