Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Crazy Story (Pastor Remington shooting)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by slimer13, Mar 8, 2016.

1. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

So Sunday in Coeur D alene a Pastor was shot six times in the back with a .45 and survives. Suspect escapes. Crazy enough but it turns out pastor Remington led the prayer at the Ted Cruz rally the day before. The a letter shows up at a local news station from the suspect saying the pastor was part of a master Martian race that rules earth and that he survived is proof because there is no way a human could have.

Anyway after two days of a massive manhunt around here the suspect was just arrested at the white house throwing "objects" on the lawno_O

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-ted-cruz-manhunt-underway-for-former-marine/

http://m.kxly.com/news/family-kyle-odom-captured/38412624

2. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Dang why did it have to be a Vet!

So where does this put the .45 being a superior defense round with greater stopping power convo?

I hope the pastor makes a full recovery.

Too many nut jobs out there.

Forget the guns, abolish wackos!

coyotecaller likes this.
  3. slimer13

Also a little over 50 hours from N Idaho to DC while being hunted is pretty wild. Especially considering liscence plate readers picked him up heading west toward Spokane after the shooting.

4. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

He was a vet?
    Man the VA is handing out some good shtuff these days if he made it to the east coast in 50 hours.Or did he fly?

5. slimer13

mjbskwim and clearconscience like this.
  6. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Ppptt... I drove from Jacksonville FL to PDX in 2.5 days. I don't remember much or how I got there, but I did.

clearconscience likes this.
  7. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

So are you sure it did happen?o_O

Stomper likes this.
  8. clearconscience

You only need a fast modified car and 28 hours.

http://jalopnik.com/meet-the-guy-who-drove-across-the-u-s-in-a-record-28-h-1454092837

The run was over, and the watches were stopped. According to those involved, they all said the same thing: 28 hours, 50 minutes. The team covered 2,813.7 miles at an average speed of 98 miles per hour. They stopped for fuel just three times. Based on that number, Alex Roy's 31:04 record had been beaten by two hours and 14 minutes.

mjbskwim likes this.
  9. nammac

nammac I-5 Corridor - West of Portland Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Tampa to Portland, about that long as well, 61 hours with sleep... Longest day was 19 hours of driving...

Man too old to do that now!!!

Imagine the TSA let him on a plane... We sure have the best "make you feel good" security the government can buy...

Sheesz....

Stomper likes this.
  10. clearconscience

Man I'm a sissy I drove from Portland to Lexington, KY in 2 and a half days.

11. Stomper

Oh, it happened. Hwy-10 through the South, damned near blizzard conditions in the middle of the night through Flagstaff, AZ... about an hour after that I woke up at the intersection at the top of an off ramp, car idling... no clue how that happened! :eek:

I'd NEVER do that again, ever. o_O

mjbskwim and clearconscience like this.
  12. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

In 06, I went to Daytona Beach FL for bike week. Driving from Spanaway, WA to Daytona, FL. Three people driving the team van, rotating drivers and stopping ONLY for gas. It took 69.5 nonstop driving hours. If my math is right, it works out to be 2.89 days.

13. Stomper

I did fail to mention I had a buddy alternately driving when zombification set it (except that one time I woke up at the top of that offramp)... and we were doing 65mph on 2" of ice through Flagstaff... we had to slow down in order to be safe. LOL! :D

nammac likes this.