JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I ordered a spotting scope from Optics Planet and in the confirmation email it said "Estimated to ship in 26-37 days" :eek: Ever heard of that? The scope was an old model at a 61% discount.

I guess should have looked at Amazon first as members had said they got the same brand but a slightly higher power through Amazon for as good or better price with free shipping. I had already placed the order when i looked at Amazon, sure enough i could beat the deal by a few bucks. I wasn't going to worry about it, and then I saw the estimated shipping times. I'll call Optics Planet tomorrow and see if they'cancel

Your Order Status Update
Dear Mike

Thank you again for your purchase. We're processing your order and have an update for you. The expected availability for certain items is listed below*:

Order Date: Apr-14-2018
Description Price Availability*
Qty 1: Konus 15-45x60 Zoom Spotting Scope with Tripod
KO-SS-7112 $65.99 Estimated to ship within 26-37 days

We are working hard to have your complete order shipped as soon as possible and if we can ship sooner, we absolutely will. We will not capture any funds from your credit card until your order can be shipped. Upon shipment, you will automatically be notified with tracking information.

If your order is urgent, we offer thousands of products that are in stock and ready to ship. You can browse our full selection of products featuring FREE TWO-DAY SHIPPING, or contact us directly and one of our knowledgeable product experts will be happy to assist you.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

BRB, need to go check order confirmation.....:eek:

Edit: I placed an order this morning and there is no mention of an estimated shipping date on the confirmation.

BRB, need to go check order confirmation.....:eek:

Edit: I placed an order this morning and there is no mention of an estimated shipping date on the confirmation.

Well that tells me, maybe, they don't have it here in the states! It must be coming from China. On the proverbial "Slow Boat".

Well that tells me, maybe, they don't have it here in the states! It must be coming from China. On the proverbial "Slow Boat".

This.

If there is a chance at all that it will come from overseas then this is what happens. Amazon is a lot better about shipping stuff as they often have it in stock somewhere. However, third parties also sell thru Amazon and I have had stuff come directly from China from there without any real idea that it was going to take that long (I suppose you can dig into the seller). IIRC Optics Planet sells thru Amazon too.

I bought a belt from Optics Planet about 2 months ago, no indication of it being out of stock. 2 weeks later I checked the status and got nothing, finally I called and was told it was shipping out in 2-3 days because it was out of stock, a bit irritated but let it slide...

It finally came about 4 weeks later just as I was about to call and cancell... Just saying...

Not a happy camper on that one

This.

If there is a chance at all that it will come from overseas then this is what happens. Amazon is a lot better about shipping stuff as they often have it in stock somewhere. However, third parties also sell thru Amazon and I have had stuff come directly from China from there without any real idea that it was going to take that long (I suppose you can dig into the seller). IIRC Optics Planet sells thru Amazon too.

I've seen on Ebay they show the origin of the product. I don't know if Amazon does. When they do say over seas I tend to skip it. Who needs to wait weeks for something?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top