JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is why calibers like the 5.7 are known to penetrate body armor, small fast projectile.

As long as barrier is thin.

You need momentum to penetrate thicker hard barriers, especially organic barriers. Sectional density is a significant variable in that equation.

Also, it helps if the projectile is hard - if the barrier is hard. If you look at tests for penetrating hard barriers, the harder the projectile is, the better it penetrates.

Back to the Bait posts ...

mblr_ea51f2aaf821908d0c311286024478e8_8e6f6c28_500.png

Well, my buddy brought the bullet in for me to examine.

He also brought in the 8mm slug that killed the bear. The 8mm expanded perfectly and looked exactly like what one would expect it to look like; mostly clean and tiny bits of dried fat caught in the mushroom.

The supposed .45 acp slug was a complete and total fabrication. I've known this guy for a few years and I know his family. He's not a liar, but doesn't know much about guns or cartridges. I asked him what bullet he used for the 8mm and he had no idea. He doesn't think that's important. Okay...

When he handed me the supposed slug dug out of the side of a bear's head, I instantly knew it wasn't. I asked him if this was the exact slug that the taxidermist told him was dug out of the bear's hide that was splattered against the skull. Yep. I then asked if the taxidermist told him it was a .45 acp. Yep, that's what his best guess was.

So apparently, the taxidermist is a complete liar and fraud because the slug he showed me was a 9mm hollowpoint fired into hard dirt...

R-s8kubATkCkEtA8RPrB0w.jpg

nzNZxM-6R9OpA4RHHYFuMg.jpg

mcMsJlv_ROylOsjIyl-ZPQ.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR