JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My xd had a little accident while on lone to my brother. Long story short. It ended up with a couple small cracks on the right side in between the mag well and trigger. No plastic missing just a couple cracks. Was wondering if anyone had ever repaired anything like this and how it turned out. I put some liquid plastic over both sides that I could access. Hopefully it will hold up. Thinking of getting the lower coated next.
Needless to say, I won't be letting him borrow any guns again.

If I HAD a brother that damaged one of my guns he'd be buying me a new FRAKIN' replacement gun, and he'd own the one he busted... or he'd get a busted nose. o_O
I'm in full agreement there. Kinda , like the last nail in the coffin sorta thing with this. As much as I do love my brothers. There is a limit to generosity.

Lesson learned
Your quick fix will likely fail
I would not waste the funds to get it coated
Give your brother a bill.

I've some friends and family that lost the privilege by their own doing.
They, for some reason felt they aren't accountable if something "breaks" while in their possession.

Your situation is the prey these types expect to pass.

1: damn that's some abuse taken for it to crack..

2: alert them that it's damages after their use. Mention "XD" refers to "eXtreme Duty" not willing to take abuse.. Alert them that you are sending in for estimate to fix.

3: get quote from Springfield.

4: let them know how much it will be to fix.

This separates men from boys.

How I do things is my doings. I take care of what I acquire, whether it be cheap monetarily or not.
I don't know how it's viewed, but if someone "borrows" something, the borrowee is either too cheap, can't afford, or appreciate the benefits of having what someone else has.

It's all about morals.
My cup is always full.

How I do things is my doings. I take care of what I acquire, whether it be cheap monetarily or not.
I don't know how it's viewed, but if someone "borrows" something, the borrowee is either too cheap, can't afford, or appreciate the benefits of having what someone else has.

It's all about morals.
My cup is always full.
Sometimes my cup gets too full. That's when it's time to shut the full cup.

If the cracks are too bad, they will have to replace the frame. Years ago when I had a mishap the only repair was a complete replacement with new serial number, box etc.
Send it in for warranty work, then go from there.

I had the unfortunate situation of wrecking my brothers car while home on leave. I made sure it was taken care of and was made right with him. It wasn't that bad, but cost me 2k out of pocket. He was more concerned if I had been hurt or not (just my pride) Point is, If you break it, own up to it, and make it right! And like Stomper said, I always go the little extra to compensate for the trouble. Same thing if I were to borrow some ones firearm, it gets cleaned spick and span, and upon its return, there's a few boxes of ammo with it and a bottle of something good!

I had the unfortunate situation of wrecking my brothers car while home on leave. I made sure it was taken care of and was made right with him. It wasn't that bad, but cost me 2k out of pocket. He was more concerned if I had been hurt or not (just my pride) Point is, If you break it, own up to it, and make it right! And like Stomper said, I always go the little extra to compensate for the trouble. Same thing if I were to borrow some ones firearm, it gets cleaned spick and span, and upon its return, there's a few boxes of ammo with it and a bottle of something good!
which gun of mine would you like to borrow?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top