JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Has been a couple of years, i am just curious as to how it turned out with Springfield Armory? Did they cover under warranty? Come out of yur pocket? Thanks, Jake

I sent the whole gun in. Called th morning. They said it will be about ten days before I hear back. I asked if the wanted the ruptured case. They did not.
I agree that there's no good way to fix a polymer gun. Everything I have read or looked into. Aswell as tried verified that. Not to mention the stress fractures our eyes can't see just waiting to break.
I look at it this way. If I was going to to a controlled detonation in a enclose space. I wouldn't be within 500 yards and still in a bunker. Ammunition is the same. Except the firearm is the bunker. It's not worth the damage that can happen in an uncontrolled detonation.
If you have a polymer gun that is cracked. It's just a matter of time before it gets worse. Just my heart felt opinion. With a serious dose of fact.
I will post an update when I hear from them. I'm hoping for the best. But I don't expect a total free replacement.

Let me start at the beginning. After I broke it. After inspecting and weighing the spent case remains. I had concluded that a 380 case got loaded with a 124 grain bullet and 3.9 grains of tight group.
I was totally honest with springfield arms. I told them exactly what had happened.
They sent me a shipping label and rma number. No cost to me.
After about two weeks I called to check on it. I let them know I didn't mind paying for a new lower. I just wanted my pistol working again. They told me it was in line behind a couple other orders yet.
About one week later I had my pistol and magazine back. They replaced the lower, the mag, and a couple other parts. They included a letter thanking me for my honesty to. The new lower has a different serial numberalso.
I wasn't expecting that kinda service at all.
It's been running hard ever since. I just don't let my brother reload any of my stuff anymore.

Man that is awesome! The honesty points then in the direction of looking to see if it is an issue that they need to look at addressing or not. Never the less that sounds go be amazing customer surface!! Glad that they were able to help you out along with refreshing some of your used components.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top