JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am not making any of this up. We were told today that a uniformed police officer will be present at work tomorrow because someone who is coming to a hearing is a CPL holder (not carrying) and someone took it as a threat. I don't know if the guy said something about it (threatening or not). That wasn't the notice we were given - just "It has come to our attention that somneone who has a CPL will be on the grounds"

I and another programmer said we are CPL holders - can we still come to work?

Then I stated that actually being a CPL holder proves we don't have any DV or Felony convictions (at the time of issue) and actually we should be leery of people who don't have them because they haven't had a background check and could be criminals just waiting to do something bad.

This really PO'ed Mr. Safety off and he said "Why do you always come up with stuff to make everything more difficult."

I am really mad. I am going to make a shirt with my scanned CPL copy and start wearing it to work on casual Fridays.

I am not making any of this up. We were told today that a uniformed police officer will be present at work tomorrow because someone who is coming to a hearing is a CPL holder (not carrying) and someone took it as a threat. I don't know if the guy said something about it (threatening or not). That wasn't the notice we were given - just "It has come to our attention that somneone who has a CPL will be on the grounds"

I and another programmer said we are CPL holders - can we still come to work?

Then I stated that actually being a CPL holder proves we don't have any DV or Felony convictions (at the time of issue) and actually we should be leery of people who don't have them because they haven't had a background check and could be criminals just waiting to do something bad.

This really PO'ed Mr. Safety off and he said "Why do you always come up with stuff to make everything more difficult."

I am really mad. I am going to make a shirt with my scanned CPL copy and start wearing it to work on casual Fridays.

That's awesome, but might not work out too good for you. I applaud your effort. If you indeed do it, let us know how it works out. Please post a picture of Mr. Safety's head exploding if it is not to gory. :s0114:

I work for a government agency (GeoINT and other stuff) and some times we have hearings. People sometimes threaten the "counsel" and they freak out. Especially with all the random police shootings. People are getting worried and they overreact. I'm choosing my battles wisely on this one as far as the Tshirt. I did threaten the other guy I work (other CPL holder) with mine though. I pulled it out and said: "Do you have any idea what I can do with this thing!":s0112: I'm kind of surprised that any gun owners are now suspected of being crazy. Social engineering at work.

Tell the safety queen that you think there should be extra security every day at work because there are women present and you have it on good authority that at least one of the men who work there have a penis. Rape prevention should be taken seriously.

Just remember like it or not your 2nd amendment "protections" end at the private property line and even though you can't be arrested you could be fired and and I doubt any court would find in your favor because your 2nd amendment rights were violated on private property.

The key here is what kind of property this is.

He obviously works for our ridiculous state government, perhaps the county. I'd bet on state.. this county government seems to be fairly open to firearms, we've got a great sheriff.

I'd be raising a stink with persons further up the command chain... why are we spending MY tax dollars to have a cop on site when there is somone with a CPL coming round? I had to attend a meeting at the Planning and Development office up on the hill, was carrying, checked every sign on the way in, nothing about arms anywhere. Kept watching at every office... maybe the County Recorder? Nope.... nothing. Had my meeting, took care of business, walked back to the car..... no one got scared, except me a little bit, wondering if I'd be seized and imprisoned for having the temerity to actually CARRY per the small card I carry in my pocket.

If it IS county, the Commissioners need to be complained to for their underlings being so ridiculous as to get their knickers knotted over a piece of paper in someone's pocket.

No wonder this stupid state and county are both far into the red, fiscally. This is the sort of stupid stuff needs to be dealt with. Next thing, we'll have metal detectors at every door to every two bit office in the state. Nonsense.

How about these wonks get busy about doing the things they're put in office to get done? On the cheap?

(and no, I'm not opinionated......)

You're more difficult? How about doing background checks on everyone that attends the meeting...

"A police officer will be present because we have a convicted felon attending our meeting."

This is a blatent form of stereotyping...fecking brain-washed tards!

You're more difficult? How about doing background checks on everyone that attends the meeting...

"A police officer will be present because we have a convicted felon attending our meeting."

This is a blatent form of stereotyping...fecking brain-washed tards!

But hey, if someone did that, it would be discrimination.
:s0114:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top