JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I lived in Tulare, Visalia, Exeter, and briefly in Farmersville. Talk about the armpit of the state. You were either rich, poor, or Mexican. There wasn't a middle class I ever saw.
Had good friends in Farmersville. I was poor. Lived in the west side of tulare for I think 9 of my growing up years. It sucked. Got stabbed as a teen, hit by an extreme ranged bullet. (Note, not shot, a bullet popped up and bruised my toe as a kid after skidding in the dirt a while.) I saw a lot of stuff I wished I hadn't. It was the freaking third world.

Lots of examples of traps not ending well for owners.

I saw something about a bar owner who did the shotgun thing by a window after being burglarized 4-5 tunes prior.

Ended up with murder charges.

Same thing as conceal carry, don't be a soft target and only use force when it's unavoidable.

Give the couple a freakin medal! Two medals!!

Ain't nobody ever been killed from having their knee joint whacked with a bat. ;)

I call Nancy Kerrigan as a fact witness!!!

I don't think what the CA couple did was necessarily immoral, but baiting and beating lowlifes is for sure illegal and filming it seems to indicate a mental imbalance of some kind.

Everbody wan their 15 min...

I grew up in the next town over with even higher crime. (Tulare) Somehow, this does not surprise me.

I thought you grew up in Victorville???

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Visalia be hot. And it's a wet heat IIRC.

Give the couple a freakin medal! Two medals!!

I call Nancy Kerrigan as a fact witness!!!

Everbody wan their 15 min...

I thought you grew up in Victorville???

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Visalia be hot. And it's a wet heat IIRC.
Next place I lived actually after Tulare. Moved to Tulare when I was 5. We did bounce back to NC for a few months every year. Lived in Tulare till I was 14. Then Victorville, then pretty much went nomadic when I was on my own. Tx, NC, IL, Ca again, all while working and paying for college degrees in cash. A lot of couch surfing, some living in a car was involved.

So I started working at 12 to help mom and dad make ends meet. Worked as a gofer for a mechanic on dairies, did roofing in the Mojave, worked in Compton for a while, and did all manner of janitorial and computer technology stuff as I taught myself how to repair computers... ... and now, I am a psych nurse. Go figure. I have lived in Oregon almost 9 years which is equal to the longest I have ever lived in one place.

You recall correctly. Humid and 100+ frequently in the valley.

Apparently California does not prosecute thefts under $950 in value boys, let's go and get free stuff!!!!

This is true...and ridiculous. California has a prison overcrowding problem. Created, in no small part, by the Dems that have been running this state for decades. It's what happens when you refuse to build more prisons.

So rather than solve the real problem, they have enacted a series of laws that raised the dollar amount on misdemeanors to $950, shortened sentences, and release prisoners early. The effects are exactly what any rational thinking person would expect...crime is on the rise.

Note too that initially that $950 limit included guns. That's right. Stealing a gun became a misdemeanor and was not prosecuted as long as it was under $950. But even they realized that was pretty stupid so they changed the law back for guns.

Anyway, the result of all this is that criminals now act with impunity. They know nothing will happen to them as long as the keep the $$ value under $950. Cops have stopped making a lot of arrests because they know there is no point. Grocery stores are going crazy because crooks will literally walk in, grab a handful of stuff...almost always includes alcohol...and simply walk on out the door. And I do mean walk. Most the corporate chains have directed their employees not to intervene. It just isn't worth the risk or liability to them. But I've seen this happen several times already. :rolleyes:

Note too that initially that $950 limit included guns. That's right. Stealing a gun became a misdemeanor and was not prosecuted as long as it was under $950. But even they realized that was pretty stupid so they changed the law back for guns.

And made it so the owner of the gun is responsible for any violent crimes after the gun is thieved? Like Oregon is going to do???

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top