JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Good deals here on two Colt revolvers.

1. Detective Special, 4th Issue, blue $650 SOLD
mine is Blue. Shows little sign of wear, tight, not was ever shot much. I bought it used, locally.
info below. From colt fever.com:​

The Detective Special, Fourth Issue

In 1973 Colt did the first major redesign of the Detective Special by changing the barrel to a new heavy version that added a shroud to cover the ejector rod and a long ramped front sight. The old style narrow grips were changed to a new combat style that wrapped around the front and bottom of the frame and the trigger was now smooth instead of grooved.​

This was the first Detective Special the factory rated for use with +P ammunition. The gun was rated for "up to" 3000 rounds of +P at which point the gun was to be returned to Colt for inspection and possible frame replacement.​

This is known as the Fourth Issue Series and was the last actual change in the design. It was made from 1973 to 1986, when the Detective Special was officially discontinued for the first time.​

THE 1973 REDESIGNED DETECTIVE SPECIAL.​

Note the new heavy shrouded barrel and the walnut combat grips​

Example picture only from website, mine is Blue, otherwise like this one.​

2. Colt Trooper Mk III, 4", blue. $600 SOLD
Overall good condition, tight, good timing. Honest wear on edges, but overall very good bluing. I bought it locally from original owner. No box or papers.

Pictures: first, detective special. Doesn't really show in photos, very very slight wear at the muzzle from holster I think. No wear really on the cylinder. Second set, Trooper Mk III... hope the wear shows - typical wear from holster, otherwise very healthy.
DSC_6645.jpg
DSC_6646.jpg
DSC_6651.jpg
DSC_6653.jpg
DSC_6647.jpg
DSC_6648.jpg
DSC_6649.jpg

Cash, local face to face, established forum members only. I prefer meet at A Cut Above Pawn, but could be flexible.

Last Edited:
Love my detective specials. I'd buy if I didn't already have a few.

You get way more accuracy out of these guys than with an auto pistol of similar sized frame. I can hit clay pigeons 90% of the time at 30 yards any day.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.