JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This week Alex Jones is claiming that Obama has inserted the restrictive UN Arms Trade Treaty into the terms of the TPP trade agreement that he is pushing for so very hard for currently. Supposedly it requires that all nations participating in the TPP agree to abide by the UN's new Arms Trade Treaty. This would negatively affect the importation of firearms and ammo into our country greatly, and could also negatively impact exports by US gun makers, harming our gun industry.

Jones claims that Obama is doing this because:

1) The terms of the TPP are being kept totally secret from the Congress and the public at present. So this will allow him to totally blind-side everyone until the very last moment.

2) The treaty is also being "fast-tracked", which means it is not going to go through the normal review process. Again, this will help it to sneak by.

3) He feels that he can win Republican support, since big business wants this new Pacific trade agreement badly, as it will mean a big boast to many corporate profits.

4) By implementing it as part of a trade agreement, he can totally bypass the House, which is far more committed to gun owner rights than the Senate is. Only the Senate will have to vote to approve the treaty.

Do you think that there could be any truth to this? Would Obama really go this far, to sidestep the Congress, and get around the House's refusal to consider more gun control?

Or is Jones imagining all of this? Could this all be nothing but smoke?

Perhaps we need to keep an eye on what Obama is up to in this TPP trade agreement. It concerns me that our government is being so very secretive about it, just like they are doing with the Iran nuclear negotiations. Can we trust Obama to do the right thing?

Here in Oregon, I know that Senator Merkley is strongly against the TPP, and plans to oppose it. Senator Wyden, though, has given it his full support. The treaty will have to be approved by the Senate. But the Senate is not as strongly opposed to gun control, as the House currently is.

Do we need to start lobbying Wyden to change his mind about TPP?

Here is an article from the Alex Jones website about this:

http://www.infowars.com/secret-deal-could-contain-a-myriad-of-gun-restrictions-ammo-bans/

Anything rushed is typically a bad decision. This reeks of a bad deal.

However, as long as we keep voting in Republicans, Democrats, and 2+ term incumbents then we can pretty much kiss all our rights away.

I am sure there is some truth in the article
Somewhere
Alex is a provocative speaker. At least he gets some to think and investigate on their own (gosh I hope nobody takes his word as goldeno_O)
But he's too over the top for me to listen to on a regular basis

And as far as the sneaky part? I'm sure TPTB are trying to pull some wool over our eyes

This week Alex Jones is claiming that Obama has inserted the restrictive UN Arms Trade Treaty into the terms of the TPP trade agreement that he is pushing for so very hard for currently. Supposedly it requires that all nations participating in the TPP agree to abide by the UN's new Arms Trade Treaty. This would negatively affect the importation of firearms and ammo into our country greatly, and could also negatively impact exports by US gun makers, harming our gun industry.

Jones claims that Obama is doing this because:

1) The terms of the TPP are being kept totally secret from the Congress and the public at present. So this will allow him to totally blind-side everyone until the very last moment.

2) The treaty is also being "fast-tracked", which means it is not going to go through the normal review process. Again, this will help it to sneak by.

3) He feels that he can win Republican support, since big business wants this new Pacific trade agreement badly, as it will mean a big boast to many corporate profits.

4) By implementing it as part of a trade agreement, he can totally bypass the House, which is far more committed to gun owner rights than the Senate is. Only the Senate will have to vote to approve the treaty.

Do you think that there could be any truth to this? Would Obama really go this far, to sidestep the Congress, and get around the House's refusal to consider more gun control?

Or is Jones imagining all of this? Could this all be nothing but smoke?

Perhaps we need to keep an eye on what Obama is up to in this TPP trade agreement. It concerns me that our government is being so very secretive about it, just like they are doing with the Iran nuclear negotiations. Can we trust Obama to do the right thing?

Here in Oregon, I know that Senator Merkley is strongly against the TPP, and plans to oppose it. Senator Wyden, though, has given it his full support. The treaty will have to be approved by the Senate. But the Senate is not as strongly opposed to gun control, as the House currently is.

Do we need to start lobbying Wyden to change his mind about TPP?

Here is an article from the Alex Jones website about this:

http://www.infowars.com/secret-deal-could-contain-a-myriad-of-gun-restrictions-ammo-bans/

I don't know any of the details but the smart money is that he is untrustworthy as our Oregon legislature when it comes to circumventing the laws of our land. Collectivlly, none of them are to be trusted and as far as Wyden, he will go along with anything the POS POTUS and or the democlap party comes up with.

Anything rushed is typically a bad decision. This reeks of a bad deal.

However, as long as we keep voting in Republicans, Democrats, and 2+ term incumbents then we can pretty much kiss all our rights away.

Well, the same logic was applied in passing SB 941 here in Oregon. The bill declares that an EMERGENCY exists in the state of Oregon. That allows the bill to go into effect IMMEDIATELY, once the governor signs it. If they did not declare an emergency, then it would have been possible to delay implementation, and get signatures to place the measure on the ballot, as was done with the bill granting licenses to illegal aliens in Oregon, which was then soundly defeated at the ballot box.

This is really not how either the Federal government or state government should be operating.

I remember how during the Affordable Health Care Act debate in 2009, the Congress didn't even hold any committee hearings on the bill. All discussions were held behind closed doors, and no Republicans were even allowed to participate. The only discussions and debates were on the floors of the House and Senate when it was brought to a vote. Despite the fact that the bill was the biggest piece of legislation in history ( 1,990 pages long ), they didn't even print out any copies for people to read until a few days before the vote.

Remember how then Speaker Pelosi asked everyone to trust them? Remember her famous statement:

"We Have To Pass The Health Care Bill So You Can Find Out What's In It."

Months after it past, people were still finding all sorts of outrageous things buried deep in the legislation.

The very way that our government is functioning today seems to be broken, if not downright unconstitutional. I fear that our leaders don't respect the Constitutions of either the United States or the state of Oregon. If they did, our government would be being run differently.

He can't put a UN treaty into a Trade agreement and have it sail past congress.

As to the countries that would agree to this lets look

Australia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, the United States, and Vietnam.

Japan is the only country we import firearms from. The others are pretty much all importers of firearms. And Japan has already signed and ratified the UN arms treaty.

Since members of Congress don't know what's in the TPP I really doubt someone whispered any details into Alex Jones ear.

but since no one seams to keep track of wild guess's and how they relate to what actually happens its good for a few days on the radio. Cause no one will call him on it later they will be way to wrapped up in the next thing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top