JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
$6 off. 2 for $13.99.

20201024_130546.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Made in China?

I will have too look. I suppose they are probably made in China. The ones I bought seem to be as good as the USGI surplus ones I have, except for the paint is black and more glossy than the OD on the GI cans. Not sure what diff that makes - I have plenty of GI cans where the paint is rusty on the outside.

These cans are one 50 cal can with a 30 cal can inside it for $14 - IMO worth it.

Also, any of the metal cans are better than any of the plastic cans.

MTM plastic are ok. Plano are thin and flimsy plastic, not good for heavy contents like ammo; if you lift up a Plano can with ammo in it the lid will flex to much that it won't seal around the rim.

I am converting most of my plastic containers, especially the Planos, to metal where I am putting anything heavy in them - like ammo.

Also, the plastic containers are odd sized - won't fit into anything the metal cans are made for and vice versa.

My fear with plastic cans (I do have a couple) is what good are they if exposed to extreme heat.
I have shot military ammo stored in Milsurp metal cans that survived a house fire. Me just envisioning my MTM's filled with .357 resembling Sasquatch's lego.
I have two sets of the Costco cans and are happy that they will perform what they are designed for.

My cans make no noise sitting on the shelf. :D

Seriously, if I am hauling ammo to the "front line" it will be long before the firefight starts. I would not want to haul ammo around in a Plano can - I would be afraid the handle and/or the lid would come off and spill all the ammo.
LOL. I'm guessing 99% of the members here would hit their target heart rate just by looking for the remote control. But we sure like to talk about SHTF scenarios!

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top