JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here it is. Like I said, nothing special. The stock actually looks better in person than in the photo. A few honest dings in an old gun like this don't bother me a bit. We'll take it out to the range and try it out when I get walking a little better.

View attachment 1080452
Love it. Not sure why "old firearms" like this with wood that shows the many years of service always have been a draw for me. Nice find as has been mentioned these have long ceased to be something you see piles of on cheap as in the days past.

Friend of mine got a Chinese SKS recently and was having trouble getting cosmo out of the bolt and firing pin. I've de-gunked my fair share of bolt-actions over time but I'm not as familiar with getting it out of the semi-autos. Nevertheless I offered to look at it for him cause I've heard that can lead to slamfires in the SKS.

Friend of mine got a Chinese SKS recently and was having trouble getting cosmo out of the bolt and firing pin. I've de-gunked my fair share of bolt-actions over time but I'm not as familiar with getting it out of the semi-autos. Nevertheless I offered to look at it for him cause I've heard that can lead to slamfires in the SKS.
You definitely want to take the bolt completely apart and clean the firing pin channel thoroughly with acetone, brake cleaner, or such. Cosmoline can dry and is very hard to remove. Fortunately the bolt is fairly easy to disassemble. Push the cross pin out, from behind the extractor. It should come out with much trouble. Mine pushed out easily. The firing pin will then drop right out the back, and the extractor will come right off the side.

Funny thing about "Norinco" SKSs: it seems common to refer to all Chinese SKSs as "Norinco". Norinco, or China North Industrial Corporation, made commercial SKS rifles for export. IIRC, any SKS stamped "Norinco" on the receiver is one of these commercially manufactured guns, not military surplus. Most of the Chinese military surplus SKSs are not Norinco. The 1969 military SKS I bought was advertised as a "Norinco", but technically it's not. :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top